Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Iowa Revolver-only Championship (10/8/06) Poll

Carmoney

We're just looking for some constructive feedback as we begin the process of formatting our match. The fundamental shooting and safety rules will be the USPSA rulebook.

For the inaugural year, we will not be reporting results to any national organization, so we have a bit of flexibility in our equipment rules.

Tell us which gun you would prefer to shoot!

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

I voted for the 6 shot only one. I guess the only reason was because I will be shooting more IPSC than ICORE this year. It is really up to you. It would be pretty easy to run all of them really. Call 6 shot limited, open would be open and 7 or 8 shooters you could enter under L-10 in ezscore. You are only shooting against other people in your " division". You are diluting the competition pool a little bit, but will you gain more shooters by offering the other divisions? Who are you trying to attract? I am sure most of the local guys by you all have a 6 shooter in the safe. How many have an 7 or 8? Other than the few revo fanatics how many have an open revo and a 8shot limited gun laying around. I would think keep it simple the first year and see how the turn out is. If it takes off I like the idea of traveling and shooting the open revo on Saturday and the limited on Sunday. Just my 2 cents.

Tom

I'll be shooting a 625 or 29 (w/fmc's).

FWIW as long as the course strutcure is such that there aren't 7-8 shots at each position, I don't have a problem competing against 7-8 shot revolvers, especially if they shoot Minor.

Comps don't concern me, again at Minor. Optics? Maybe make them start with them turned OFF? HA!HA!

Whatever you decide will be great. Just hope you get some turnout.

Dave

I voted for Open race Revo. But if no one else signs up I will shoot my 686 with speed loaders, jes kaws I gots no better sense.

Slight thread hijacking in process.

Since all of you Iowa people are lurking here. I just found out I will be working in Muscatine all next week. Any shooting going on during the week? Looking for something to do with my down time.

We now take you back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Tom

You poor bastard. I hope you are bilingual and like mexican food..... ;)

If you dont mind shooting indoors you can come down to West Liberty and hammer away. We have a 50ft indoor range that you are welcome to, and if you can make it out during daylight hours we have two plate racks and other assorted steel.

As far as nightlife to find the entertainment you will need to go to Davenport for that, but I think I have a map here somewhere on the dash of my truck. We will take care of you...... B) PM me for my cell number and I'll get you set up! DougC