Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P320 X5 SGX…

cheers623

I'll give it a look, range near me is having a SIG day.  Hoping they have one there to try!  It's interesting.  I took my Canik Rival S, Glock 34, Glock 47 and SIG X5 to the range to test last week.  Purely subjective but the X5 felt the softest, Rival S next and the Glock was the most animated. 

SGX could be really soft shooting for Carry Optic's. 😀 

Looking forward to finding one!

It is the same weight as my S&W 627 revolver. 😀

Edited by Ezgo

The Humble Marksman just did a video review of the SGX, shooting it at a Sig event with Max Michel. He liked it and was hoping he could get hold of one so he could do an in-depth review.

Weighs 49 oz I believe he said

• 2 weeks later...

Its SXG

I'm waiting to see them come available to the couple shops that use, I missed out on the small batch of 3 that one dealer got since I was offshore fishing.

Kinda sucks to spend the money on it to just use the grip, probably just throw one of my spare TXGs on it & sell off the slide with the FCU 

I shot one in the demo bay at CO Nationals a couple weeks ago.  I felt good and shot flat.  However, personally I am sticking with what I have.  I don't see enough advantage to buy one to replace my AXG.  Though, if I were starting new, absolutely.  

Not sure what the cost will be though.  They didn't know when I talked to them.

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2024 at 1:11 PM, cheers623 said:

Anyone handle one? Anyone getting one? I was hoping they’d make a full size aluminum frame…but this stainless one might be just the thing!

If you want a full size aluminium frame, Armory Craft currently has one available for a P320

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the first one in the flesh (Steel) yesterday in the LGS.  I was on my way off the range and couldn't wait to have someone get it out of the case..

I'll get to handle it this week 😉. Although I am not as interested at this point with my Walther running as well as it does....

• 2 weeks later...