Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alabama State Match?

mINE AND 2 OTHERS ARE ON The WAY. It is short drive from Nashville. Mailed it last Tuesday. There was no way I could have attended it if it was held in Mobile. Too far of a drive.

Edited by bulm540

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be sending in my app tomorrow.

18 shooters or 180, it matters not to me.

It takes a lot of hard work to put together a match and if the guys in Huntsville are willing to take it on, I will support it.

Trigger time is trigger time.

Tls

Myself, I don't favor the prize table over nice placques or trophies and a much lower entry fee. I really believe we as shooters enjoy the recognition of our peers for a match well shot.

I agree 100% JL.

It is nice to get some really nice prizes off of the table, but I don't think it is always fair to all of the shooters. If they want to have prizes, I think they should have random drawings, not order of finish. The main thing to me is a really nice plaque or trophy and an occasional pat on the back for a job well done from your peers. Come to think of it, that occasional pat on the back for a good stage or match means more to me than the plaque. Now don't get me wrong, I still want the plaques. In fact it would be nice to see more trophies like the Fl Open has at our major matches.

BTW, you have been missed at the matches lately. I hope all is well and look forward to seeing you at Cool Spings this weekend.

Ronnie

YOu guys that are not in favor of the prize table may not have ever had the benifit of drawing from Jeff's prize tables. He has some magin up his sleaves I assure you. I don't really know how he does as well as he does with the cash alloted(prolly some serious arm twisting behind the scenes).

Also at to why the fee it high 135 for a match seems about right to me the late regestration fee is high but that's to encourage shooters to regester early. It makes everyone's live easer if we have a good idea how many shooters we can expext well in advance.

I have spoken with Mike extencivily about the match and I promice you a very memorable match. Some very intresting and chalanging stages in the lineup. I don't want to give too much away but I'm really excited.

Please support us and get your apps in soon guys.

[moderating hat on]

I removed some posts from this thread that were a bit long and were more philosophical than there were match info related. Some posts that were removed were merely responses to that discussion and would have been out of context if left in the thread.

I was able to leave a few post about the prize table. We've had many a post/thread on the pros and cons of prize tables on this forum...and, at about any place shooters gather. Lets leave further discussion along those lines off of this thread, please.

The posts aren't lost. If one of your posts was removed and you'd like a copy, send me a PM with your email address.

[mh/off]

Now...back to match info.

Can you accomodate a group of shoot-through shooters on Sunday? Say about a dozen of us that have previously committed to the Nashville 3-gun match that is being held Saturday?

Shooter Grrl

Good to hear from you. Looking forward to Area 6. Good luck. (Better get on subject before Big Brother throws me off).

I'll pass on the request to Mike Gettemy. I just left a message on his cell phone. I bet he will be glad to do it. I'll let you know.

MHearn

has anyone seen any of the stages, or have a round count no shoots? steel

Mike (MD) has all the stages designed. He is not sharing much info. If I get any details, I will pass them on.

I do know that the match has 10 stages a bit under 250 rounds and will include a Texas Star.

MHearn

Does the match have to have a minimum number of shooters to make it a go? Have you met that minimum number yet. Our concern is, we register for the match, and the hotel and the match gets cancelled at the last minute. Now I have to scramble to register for another match, pay late fees and find another hotel to stay for the match. Not to mention the late fees I will have to pay for registering late for another match. I am looking for some reassurance the match will be held and not cancelled. If the match is a definite go, You can count on 2 more applications.

Any plans to post the stages prior to the match?

I there any interest in a BE squad at the Alabama sectional. Let me know if you are interested and I will see if I can work it out with the match staff. I would enjoy shooting with some of the BE family.

Robbie

On the stages prior to the match, I don't think so. Mike does not have the stages in a postable form that I am aware of. I guess we're going in blind. I'm shooting on Friday so I will not be able to participate in a BE group. Sounds like fun. Bummer.

Mhearn

Any plans to post the stages prior to the match?

I there any interest in a BE squad at the Alabama sectional. Let me know if you are interested and I will see if I can work it out with the match staff. I would enjoy shooting with some of the BE family.

Robbie

On the stages prior to the match, I don't think so. Mike does not have the stages in a postable form that I am aware of. I guess we're going in blind. I'm shooting on Friday so I will not be able to participate in a BE group. Sounds like fun. Bummer.

Mhearn

Ditto on shooting Friday. I'll be working the match the rest of the weekend and would like to put a few more BE faces with the BE members though.

takled to Mike today and he does have all but one stage drawn up in a postable format. I'll call him tomorow and ask if I can post them. So far he has 9 stages and the rd count is 195. the last stage will likely be 20+ so figure avout 220 or so.

More to follow

takled to Mike today and he does have all but one stage drawn up in a postable format. I'll call him tomorow and ask if I can post them. So far he has 9 stages and the rd count is 195. the last stage will likely be 20+ so figure avout 220 or so.

More to follow

Tony

That's great news. Lets get them up, and send them to me and I'll post them on the match site.

MHearn

ok I have more information. I have posted a file with the basics of the stages. There will be a total of 9 stages and a total round count of 208. this iinfo is finialized. Mike had to rework some stages so he will get me the stage diagrams this weekend.

As for squad requests please get with me and let me know if there is someone or a group od someones you would like to shoot with and we will see what we can do. We can't promise anything but we will try and get you the group you want.

Stage.rtf

Edited by Darianis

Clint, it is a microsoft word document...This post does not contain alot of info, just the round counts and types of targets...no stage designs...but here it is;

Stage Classifier Type Targets Poppers/Plates Min Rounds

1........... ........... Comstock....... 3 ....... 6 ....... 12

2.......... .......... Comstock..... 4 ....... 4 ...... 12

3.......... .......... Comstock...... 10 ...... 0 ....... 20

4.......... .......... Comstock..... 12 ...... 0 ...... 24

5.......... .......... Comstock..... 13 ....... 4 ...... 30

6.......... .......... Comstock..... 15 ...... 0 ...... 30

7...... CM99-40...Virginia Count... ....... 6 ...... 0

8.......... .......... Comstock..... 16 ...... 0 ....... 32

9.......... .......... Comstock..... 7 ....... 10 ....... 24

.............................................86....... 24....... 208

Edited by DrawandDuck

bulm 540

it depends on which way you are coming in. guntersville is about the best bet. unless you are comeing fron the north.then you might wan't to stay in huntsville. it's about a 30 to 40 min. drive either way.