Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Electronic ear buds

I like the Soundgear ones but they are only offering the one super premium line at an insane price.  Thankfully I ordered a spare pair of the “cheaper” ones last year when one died.... and then came back to life.

I don't like the separate in ear electronic plugs as I can't ever get them to balance L-R. Everything seems off. I prefer the wired in ear Axil plugs for outdoor shooting. 

I'm using Otto's with Comply foam tips, but they are kind of spendy. 

It is nice to be able to talk with people when I'm not shooting, and pop a set of passive muffs over the top when I am or RO-ing an open gun.  Very nice when it gets too hot to wear muffs all day comfortably.

On 4/28/2024 at 7:34 AM, larcat said:

We've got two pairs of the Ottos and really like them.

Expensive though.

8 hours ago, shred said:

I'm using Otto's with Comply foam tips, but they are kind of spendy. 

It is nice to be able to talk with people when I'm not shooting, and pop a set of passive muffs over the top when I am or RO-ing an open gun.  Very nice when it gets too hot to wear muffs all day comfortably.

The Ottos are my favorite. They seem to have less electronic interference with other items (phone, timer, electronic muffs) than the Axils. They also seem to not cut off as badly to noise like the Axils.

These days I relegated the Axils to non-shooting things like listening to music when tuning out other screaming kids at my daughter's swim lesson.

I liked my previous Walkers Silencer 1.0s, the 2.0s were junk and the new Disruptors are pretty big but kind of bulky and don't fit under muffs that well.

I'd give the Ottos 5 stars, Walker disruptors 4 stars and the Axils 2.5 starts. The Axli buds are the only ones I wouldn't buy again.