Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Changing Division at Match

When registering for an USPSA match Practiscore requires that a division be chosen.  Is it possible to change the division I'll be shooting in at the registration table the day of the match?

At a local match I can't see that being an issue. At a major it might.

At a local I have more than once seen people have the wrong power factor after the match starts and that can get corrected, so I can't see how changing divisions before a match could be an issue

Only time it should be an issue is if there's awards or whatever that require a certain number of participants. 

Do it a lot and people will accuse you of division-hopping to avoid someone.

25 minutes ago, shred said:

Only time it should be an issue is if there's awards or whatever that require a certain number of participants. 

Do it a lot and people will accuse you of division-hopping to avoid someone.

I'm not looking to avoid someone but I am looking to avoid being the only participant in Limited-10.  I enjoy the challenge of a lo cap magazine, but many of the matches where I shoot only have 1 or 2 people in Limited-10 which isn't really enough to be interesting.

At this point if you're shooting in lo cap divisions in local matches there are usually very few in those divisions. Rarely will there be more then one or two in SS, sometimes 0. 

3 hours ago, PA_USPSA said:

I'm not looking to avoid someone but I am looking to avoid being the only participant in Limited-10.  I enjoy the challenge of a lo cap magazine, but many of the matches where I shoot only have 1 or 2 people in Limited-10 which isn't really enough to be interesting.

All matches will only have 1 or 2 in L10 if any.  If you go that way expect to play by yourself.  I worked 8 majors this year and the only L10 shooter I can remember was the same guy at a couple of different matches.

5 hours ago, PA_USPSA said:

looking to avoid being the only participant in Limited-10.  

easy enough to do at sign in at the match or even at the start of your first stage.  but you can look the day before at the 'match breakdown' button in practiscore and have a pretty good idea of how many are registered in each division and change your division then if you want to.