Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Rules

Airic

Why would they axe 1911's with light rails for the single stack divison? I was going to buy a gun just for this new division, a springfield TRP, but I wanted to get the TRP/Operator that has the light rail considering I work in law enforcement and it might come in handy sometime.

What gives? Does the extra wieght of the light rail make a difference or something?

Well, while we're on the subject of the new single stack rules....riddle me this, Batman:

What, exactly, is a "standard length" magazine? Is that defined anywhere in the USPSA or IPSC rules? Or is it going to be up to an RO to decide what's standard and what isn't? I'm concerned if we are introducing a new term that is not defined for the sport.

I guess I don't understand why the rules continue to skirt around issues. This is an opportunity to clearly state, "Magazines, including the base pad, may not extend more than XX mm beyond the bottom edge of the pistol grip when fully seated." That would be unambiguous and not subject to interpretation.

Maybe USPSA needs a glossary like (gasp!) IDPA does to define some terms and keep things standardized.

I know...I'm "the new guy". As much as I have enjoyed shooting USPSA so far, I can say that the issue of rules interpretation is becmoing increasingly more furstrating. I don't think most people will try to take advantage of the magazine issue in single stack, but it just strikes me as indicative of some of the issues that seem to plague the rest of the divisions.

Jim

What, exactly, is a "standard length" magazine? Is that defined anywhere in the USPSA or IPSC rules? Or is it going to be up to an RO to decide what's standard and what isn't? I'm concerned if we are introducing a new term that is not defined for the sport.

I guess I don't understand why the rules continue to skirt around issues. This is an opportunity to clearly state, "Magazines, including the base pad, may not extend more than XX mm beyond the bottom edge of the pistol grip when fully seated." That would be unambiguous and not subject to interpretation.

Maybe USPSA needs a glossary like (gasp!) IDPA does to define some terms and keep things standardized.

I know...I'm "the new guy". As much as I have enjoyed shooting USPSA so far, I can say that the issue of rules interpretation is becmoing increasingly more furstrating. I don't think most people will try to take advantage of the magazine issue in single stack, but it just strikes me as indicative of some of the issues that seem to plague the rest of the divisions.

Jim

Follow Gary's suggestion and do a search on single stack.

The "Box" will take care of how far the base pad may extend beyond the grip. If I want to play then I have to change all my base pads back to original length or shorter or change the rear sight.

• 2 weeks later...

Mag pouches such as the Safariland 771 or 773 or pouches similar to these are fine. I think I have seen the pouches you are refering to, and if they are the one's I've seen they are fine. I was more concerned with the holster than the magazine pouches.

Gary