Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10mm revolver crimp

Cowguy

• 1 month later...

might have to search for a roll crimp die,, I am guessing most 10mm's are taper crimp as its an auto round.
I have pretty much just followed the turn down directions on the dies when loading 44 mag and 357 mag,, but I always used bullets with a crimp groove and roll crimps.

You might get some info by measuring a factory round and see what they crimp to.

Different cases might be slightly different thickness nut it will give a place to start.

You can also put a loaded factory round in your (backed off) die and adjust to those specs for crimp and COL.

11 hours ago, Ronemus said:

The 10 mm Auto headspaces on the case mouth (it's rimless) so it should be taper crimped, not roll crimped; you might get FTFs with roll crimped ammo.

did you read the thread title ? 
We are talking revolver, and problems pretty isolated to revolvers.. IE bullet creep.
These rounds will head space on the groove/clip... and no its not gonna failure to feed.. 

3 hours ago, Joe4d said:

did you read the thread title ? 
We are talking revolver, and problems pretty isolated to revolvers.. IE bullet creep.
These rounds will head space on the groove/clip... and no its not gonna failure to feed.. 

He didn’t say what kind of revolver, if it’s a SA they will headspace on the mouth. I would try - .002” smaller at the mouth edge than .100 down the body for starters. So if the case measures .422 @ the center of the bullet in the case, the mouth should be .420-.419. Might have to adjust those numbers to your brass and bullet size. 

Edited by Farmer
Added

It will be in a 610. My fear was the bullet moving into the case and causing too much pressure. After a detailed conversation with revoman he assured me that the bullets would walk out,not in. That could cause the gun to not work, but not blow up. The Lee fcd seems to be working.

Edited by Cowguy