Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone using Freedom Munitions 9mm stuff

I just inherited roughly 8,000 rounds of 124 gr and 115 grain Freedom Munitions . There's round nose and JHP . I'm guessing it's about 10 years or so old. I remember when he bought most of it . Sadly he got to sick to use it and left it to me when he recently passed . 

Seems like a good stock pile to start competition with .  He also left me a Scorpion Carbine that he picked up just prior to covid .  I thought I'd start with that and see if I enjoy the competition enough to invest in something like an MPX , JP or CMMG .

In the meantime time . The Trigger in this scorpion is pretty heavy.  Does the Timney drop it help much. I can't seem to find any info on how it works in the Scorpions . 

Edited by Rickenbacker53

I used to buy Freedom Munitions 9mm quite a bit before I started reloading. I shots 1000’s of rounds with no issue but I did have a box of 500 that had some (2-3 per 100) that were not crimped properly.  They have me full refund.  If I recall, the 115 and 124 was a bit hit and the 147 was soft. 

15 hours ago, RJH said:

I am not a fan of freedom munitions. Seen it lock up glocks, blow out primers in ARs, and blow up a tavor. I don't think I'd shoot it if it was free, but I might LOL

Wow with that many issues in so many different platforms . Are you sure it wasn't user error? Do you have a big lawsuit going ? I sure would . 

4 hours ago, philmadxx said:

I used to buy Freedom Munitions 9mm quite a bit before I started reloading. I shots 1000’s of rounds with no issue but I did have a box of 500 that had some (2-3 per 100) that were not crimped properly.  They have me full refund.  If I recall, the 115 and 124 was a bit hit and the 147 was soft. 

Seems I remember they had some issues in the past . This stuff is all from when they put the bullets in those plastic holders for each box . I've already tried it in some pistols . I've read some negative comments but tend to question some of them . The Internet is great for info. Unfortunately there are always many who just make incorrect info . Just because that's what they live to do . Especially when someone says they had issues in every gun lol . 

Edited by Rickenbacker53
16 hours ago, Shootingaggie said:

The Timney trigger makes a world of difference. Light. I did get some doubles from it on occasion. 

Good to know . It looks bigger then it handles . I am pretty sure he did something with the bolt already. Thought about selling it and using the money towards an MPX . Butttttt  Lots more $$$$$ . 

1 hour ago, Rickenbacker53 said:

Wow with that many issues in so many different platforms . Are you sure it wasn't user error? Do you have a big lawsuit going ? I sure would . 

Seems I remember they had some issues in the past . This stuff is all from when they put the bullets in those plastic holders for each box . I've already tried it in some pistols . I've read some negative comments but tend to question some of them . The Internet is great for info. Unfortunately there are always many who just make incorrect info . Just because that's what they live to do . Especially when someone says they had issues in every gun lol . 

None of the guns were me, and none of the guns were the same person. Just matches I happened to be at. 

They did pay for the the guys tavor that blew up though. That was at a three gun match, when he would shoot,  two or three rounds would sound normal and then one would be loud as hell and put out a huge fireball. Before the end of the day the gun was blown up

Different guy with a different batch of ammo had his AR lock up at a three gun match because of primers being blown out and getting under the trigger and such

The guy with the Glock fought his gun all day, changed ammo and no issues. And his glock was basically stock. It wasn't that the freedom stuff didn't just go off, it also hung up in the chamber and such

I know of at least two others that had primers blowing out of the 223 ammo and at least one other that had pistol ammo that didn't work

After seeing all of that stuff, I decided to learn from others mistakes and not make those same mistakes myself