Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Czechmate set-up. Thoughts?

Chapo

Always looking for ways to reduce perceived recoil.  What are your thought on this:

My current set-up: CZ Czechmate with 10.3grs of AA7.  115g Everglades CMJ.  1.165"AOL.  10lb spring.  Thinking now of trying an 8lb spring and of adding a shock buffer to reduce recoil and be able to run it better.  Does this make sense or am I skewed?

I did mine myself since I'm a machinist and putting in poppel holes is stupid simple.  3 month wait is stupid long.  I did 2 poppels for a buddy of mine recently on a Honcho and I was on and off the mill in 7 minutes.  That includes indicating in the slide.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2023 at 10:45 PM, aandabooks said:

I did mine myself since I'm a machinist and putting in poppel holes is stupid simple.  3 month wait is stupid long.  I did 2 poppels for a buddy of mine recently on a Honcho and I was on and off the mill in 7 minutes.  That includes indicating in the slide.  

Everybody needs a hookup like this.  Can't even find someone to checker a front strap in my area.  

• 1 month later...

That load is a bit hotter than what I shot, and I thought mine was flat shooting. 9.8 gr AA7, 1.165”, 11 lb spring, with the Berry hollow base round nose (thick plate) 115gr. 

5 minutes ago, MNJoel said:

That load is a bit hotter than what I shot, and I thought mine was flat shooting. 9.8 gr AA7, 1.165”, 11 lb spring, with the Berry hollow base round nose (thick plate) 115gr. 

This load you mentioned was great for me too.  BUt it was just under PF for major

• 6 months later...
On 1/8/2024 at 1:22 PM, Chapo said:

absolutely.  Lost a few points on PF.  Had to increase load

Do you by chance have any video of recoil before and after the holes? I’ve been thinking about adding some to my czechmate but figured I’d ask someone who has had it done. 

my barrel isn’t reamed yet so I’m limited to 1.15. I’m worried I won’t be able to make power factor because I can’t add much more powder without compressing it. 

Yeah. You def need to ream it. And even after doing it, my load is compressed. I use AA7, 10.5g at 1.165”. Case is almost full. 

This is the video on the popple hole comparison. Enjoy. 

Don’t know for sure, but no less than 1k. For the recipe I use and the recoil it created, the Popple holes were ideal. So it depends what kind of recoil you have, and if you are able to add a few grains to compensate for the loss of power w the holes. Also, if you are shooting major, you gotta keep in mind how high your PF  will become once you add more powder to the case. It’s a matter of preference. No one perfect answer. Good luck.