Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is The Atlas Pistol Hard Case Worth the $$

LHshooter

I'm getting ready to order an Atlas Athena and am on the fence on whether to buy the optional hard case. Th pistol comes with what looks like  nice soft case but you can substitute their hard case for a $125 upcharge. Part of me says hey you are already spending $5,700 what's another $125 but another part says hey you are paying for a Ferrari they should include the accessories.

The case looks real nice with two foam layers with cutouts for the pistol and about 8 mags. It's lockable in case you need to take it on an airplane(I never have go date). All my current pistols are in soft cases and I've never had an issue but then none of them are $5k guns. Other than bragging rights when showing up at a match with an Atlas case I'm not sure if it really serves another real purpose. I guess I could buy a Pelican-like case without the custom foam cutouts for less money and it would do the same thing. Since the pistol only comes with 1 mag I'm going to have to buy several extras so the $125 would pay for 1 mag plus a spare spring/follower kit.

Just wondering what other Atlas owners did and for those who bought the hard case what you think of it.

Thanks