Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr.Bulletfeeder Gen 2 released

9 hours ago, Tampa-XD45 said:

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/mrbulletfeeder-gen-2

Looks like about $100 more than the 1st version.  IMHO, there are no major enhancements to make a current user switch to a gen 2, but it probably makes sense to go with the gen 2 for new buyers.

The email I got had  a comment like, "hurry and save on the original version."  Which I took to mean "while supplies last."  So, I think the older model is being discontinued.  Also, I see the new one has an orange plastic rotating plate that looks like the one they make for the Dillon collator.  Wonder if that fits the Gen 1 MBF and if there's any advantage.

5 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

I have virtually no issues with my Gen1.  If they came out with a dropper that was easier to set up, that would be nice.  I dread the day I have to take mine apart!!

Recently had the toolhead off the Apex10, and decided to clean my dies, powder die, and Pro dropper assembly.  IMO, it was pretty easy to clean and reassemble since I left the lower threaded die locked in the toolhead and put the balls back in the upper holes after cleaning the inner and upper tube sections.  I have also simply ran an alcohol soaked patch through the lower dropper assembly after just removing the brass adapter and upper tube assembly with excellent results......

Also, since installing the Range Panda RPG2 adjuster, I've not had an upside down bullet or bullet to fall off the case in over a 1K rounds!  

Excellent results from my Gen1 edition.

👍

On 10/5/2023 at 4:45 PM, RangerTrace said:

I have virtually no issues with my Gen1.  If they came out with a dropper that was easier to set up, that would be nice.  I dread the day I have to take mine apart!!

I now have several extra ball bearings I got in an order from Dillon.  Lurking somewhere in my basement are a number of those little devils.  Amazing how something can fall 2 feet and run a zig zag course for a country mile never to be seen again.  Maybe the shop vac will get them, serves ‘em right.  😂