Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Icore Miwest Regional

Bubber

Mike Luttrell is putting on an ICORE Regional Match in Tontitown, Arkansas the first Saturday in March 4th. He will run the Lewis Scoring as there will probably be a lot of unclassified shooters. MidWest Regional Application Mike runs a monthly ICORE league night the first Monday of everymonth at his indoor range in Tontitown from about 4:3o til closing. It is a lot of fun, I know cause I travel from Southwest Oklahoma (err I mean SouthEast oklahoma) to his place every month, Just a short 3 hour drive for me. If you are in the area you should give it a shot.. :huh: (sorry couldn't resist) later rdd

Edited by Bubber

Mike Luttrell is putting on an ICORE Regional Match in Tontitown, Arkansas the first Saturday in March 4th. He will run the Lewis Scoring as there will probably be a lot of unclassified shooters. MidWest Regional Application Mike runs a monthly ICORE league night the first Monday of everymonth at his indoor range in Tontitown from about 4:3o til closing. It is a lot of fun, I know cause I travel from Southwest Oklahoma to his place every month, Just a short 3 hour drive for me. If you are in the area you should give it a shot.. :huh: (sorry couldn't resist) later rdd

Wish I could,Bubber. Randy is shipping my 627 this week and I'd like to use it with ya.

Mike Luttrell is putting on an ICORE Regional Match in Tontitown, Arkansas the first Saturday in March 4th. He will run the Lewis Scoring as there will probably be a lot of unclassified shooters. MidWest Regional Application Mike runs a monthly ICORE league night the first Monday of everymonth at his indoor range in Tontitown from about 4:3o til closing. It is a lot of fun, I know cause I travel from Southwest Oklahoma to his place every month, Just a short 3 hour drive for me. If you are in the area you should give it a shot.. :huh: (sorry couldn't resist) later rdd

Wish I could,Bubber. Randy is shipping my 627 this week and I'd like to use it with ya.

Gracious! you spell like an Okie! I will absolutely be at the ICORE Midwest Regional Championship (who knew they had one???).

I'll also try to get our club application in the mail this year for the OKCGC ICORE affiliation. We'll be running a classifier match in January whether the range burns or not so make plans to do the Old Fort Revo match on January 15th, the OKC 3 gun on January 21st, then the OKC ICORE Classifier match January 28th.

If we don't burn up or freeze we'll have another OKC ICORE match February 25th that will probably be the Australian Postal match. Then we'll go shoot the MWC the very next Saturday, March 4th.

The Doubletap Championship is March 24th, 25th and 26th and that gets you through the winter. Come on out and reload alot to stay warm!!

BTW Bubber, which way is SouthWest Oklahoma???

Gracious! you spell like an Okie! I will absolutely be at the ICORE Midwest Regional Championship (who knew they had one???).

I'll also try to get our club application in the mail this year for the OKCGC ICORE affiliation. We'll be running a classifier match in January whether the range burns or not so make plans to do the Old Fort Revo match on January 15th, the OKC 3 gun on January 21st, then the OKC ICORE Classifier match January 28th.

If we don't burn up or freeze we'll have another OKC ICORE match February 25th that will probably be the Australian Postal match. Then we'll go shoot the MWC the very next Saturday, March 4th.

The Doubletap Championship is March 24th, 25th and 26th and that gets you through the winter. Come on out and reload alot to stay warm!!

Dern Waltermitty, I cain"t always tell which way I'ma goin, I jes know it's either thisaway or that away an ifin I shows up I went tha rat way. :wacko:

Dern Waltermitty, I cain"t always tell which way I'ma goin, I jes know it's either thisaway or that away an ifin I shows up I went tha rat way. :wacko:

Sry ;)

Are you gonna post this over in the match area too?

• 1 month later...
Ok im kicking this back to the top again. The time is approaching for this fine ICORE match <_<

And yes i brought my 625 out again to play.......i suppose i dont learn defeat well from bubber :P

Frederick Haring

I've been taking lessons myself, so don't feel pregnant.

Mike said about 150 rounds, anyone know if it's all indoors? Seriously thinking of heading down there. Got the Winter Blues bad!

Dave

Dave, Yes it is all indoors. Mike has been running the League Nights for ICORE for a couple of years now. He has come up with some wicked stage designs. He has some actuated targets that he throws in from time to time, Like the one that will have two targets appear from behind a no-shoot then disappear again. It is a blast. Hope to se you there I believe Revoman is scheduled to appear from (Iowa?). :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

This coming Saturday.....

[/quote

Waltermitty, I swear I am realoding as I type for the Match this weekend. Any other wheelies out there get going they are some space left. B)

Bump.

This coming Saturday.....

[/quote

Waltermitty, I swear I am realoding as I type for the Match this weekend. Any other wheelies out there get going they are some space left. B)

Well for Heaven's sake don't hit the space bar when it's time to drop a powder charge! :ph34r:

Ok took ma 625 outa moth balls and oiled it, ready for tomorrow.. :P:P

Saw Bubber was allready in town, so its time to shoot.

Off to last min equiptment checks and ammo reloading :ph34r:

Frederick Haring

Edited by firewalker

Bubber won. Showed us how it's done.

It was a GREAT match. Eight stages indoors. Thought out VERY well.

Mike and Stephanie are two of the nicest people you could ever want to meet.

There were FOUR guns awarded plus a table full of prizes that pretty much ensured everybody went back home with his/her entry fee in certificates or prizes.

I'm sure the rest of the results will be posted soon, but the BIG story is a successful match that I'm ready to turn around and do again. I hope the crew does it again next year, cause I'm all ready to sign back up.

:D

Very good match. Congrats to Bubber. Jay C. won Limited, I dont remember who won A, B class was Roger R.....

And well the rest of us were spread out lower :wacko:

But it was a good match and very challenging. Comming from an IDPA back ground i think i need to practice accuracy a bit.

As mentioned the prize table was awsome, 4 guns with 20+ shooters.

The bright spot is that is the most revolver shooters I have seen in one place competing, I hope it is done again next year.

Frederick Haring

Way top go Bubber!!!!

Jay is a good shooter too, was surprised to see him shooting Open at the Missouri Fall classic last year though :blink:

I had all the intentions of going myself, until I had to work all day Friday(I'm USUSALLY off on Fridays) then drive 5 hrs to TN and it is another 7 from the house to Left Arkansas. :(

glad all had a good match, yes I agree....Mike and Stephanie are two of the nicest folks you can meet......around these parts we consider people like them "good folk". :)

Maybe next year! <_<

Hopalong

Hop, Better get ready "Dr Evil" is already talking about next years match. It was a fun and very challenging match. And as they say "I'd rather be lucky than good". :) Mike must of spent a lot of time devising ways to come up with the stage designs to work as well as they did in the indoor setting. He had appearing and disappering targets, a swinger and a TRAP. Ask several of the shooters who thought "I can get another shot on the target before the noshoot pops up because I'll be able to see it comming." WRONG!!! Several were kicking their lower lip making that mistake. but let's not forget Aunt Stephanie :rolleyes: who whumped up on more than a few of the Revolver shooters gathered there from over the four or five states to compete in Tontitown.

edited to add Stephanie finished 6th out of 22 limited Revolver shooters. Talking about thumpin.

Edited by Bubber

That was a great match, and well worth the drive from OKC. Thanks to Walter Mitty for allowing me to take up space in his car AND his hotel room.

Mike Luttrell really showed what you can do with lots of imagination and a first-rate indoor range. The design was very inventive, although I am still miffed about the swinger with two targets on it! If only Bubber would have stood downrange and held that sucker still for me. . .

Ditto on Mike and Stephanie being "good folk." They are both also good folk who can shoot!!

Hey Hop, I drove down 5 hours from Kansas that morning, then back that night. Was there before the range crew. You know I saw a video of Tennessee and it sure looked pretty, after going through the beautiful Ozarks/Arkansas I remembered how much I used to enjoy traveling to new country. Maybe have to try to get over to Tenn. some time.

It was a great Match, maybe next year I'll slow down. I would've only dropped about 10 points the whole match IF it was IPSC! But with the Bianchi Target, well I knew better but just couldn't control the governor and the time added up.

Jess shot an inspired match he was less than 5 seconds behind Roger (whom I guess is Bubber?)

The courses were interesting and challenging. They actually had some pretty long shots for an indoor range. Mike and Stephanie and their whole crew did a bang up job and everyone seemed to have a good time. The prize table was impressive. You had a 1 in 6 chance of a gun. Not that a 1 in 1 would help me, I'm not even lucky with bad luck.

Check the attachment for the scores that were sent to me this morning.

With a few more load adjustments, getting my mind in sync with the trigger finger and I'll be back there next year.

Revoman here and yes the match in Tontitown was great. I have been out of the ICORE matches for awhile and I now remember that just shooting fast does not make it, you also have to keep them in the A Zone. With that thought I will be ready for the Rocky Mountain Regional.

Mike and Stephanie were great. I want to mention that between stage set up we were treated to lunch at a local restaurant as part of our match fees. Not to many places that you can shoot in a climate controled area get fed and win a gun. I will definitely make Tontitown next year.

I was like the little kid on the Disney commerical as I got up at 3:00 AM on Friday morning and got ready to leave. My wife said I should get some more rest and as I walked out the door I looked back and told her " I am too excited to sleep"

Revoman, Just wanted to know if you had stopped smiling yet. Great to see you again. Hopefully we will bump into each other again, Like the Iowa Revolver Only Championship?