Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Home Def Shotgun light recommendations?

Wrathen

So normally I've always done pistol and ar home defense setups, but decided to build up a Beretta 1301 Tactical as well. I've swapped out the hand guard to be able to mount MLok and trying to decide on what I want to do for a light. my ARs are ether Cloud Defense or Surefire with fairly bright hotspots and distant throws... but the shotgun is a different weapon system. Should I do a more "floody" type light? or stick with a bright high candela light to blind? I do like running a pressure pad or Unity Hotbutton but not against a taillight button.

Since I'm fairly new to "tactical" shotguns with most of my experience in over/unders for Trap and Skeet figured I would ask for some recommendations or advice. My first inclination is to just run a similar setup as to what I do with my rifles... but wasn't sure if that is the "right" call. Also wasn't sure if one light is better than others for a shotgun due to the amount of abuse recoil will cause on it over a 556 rifle.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Wrathen

I have a tacticool, Rem 1100 tac4  that has a magnetic holder, that clips onto mag tube and takes any 1" light..
But its in the gun safe.. humm but come to think of it I took the mag extension off it and used it Pheasant hunting last fall. 
My A # 1 home defense gun that I have used many many times,  Is a stevens break action 12 gauge modified I picked up at a yard sale about 25 years ago for $25,,  with a light duct tapped to the barrel.. and a spandex shell holder on the butt with a few buck shot and a few #4's  Works like a champ but shoots a bit low .. its in barn now,, every now and then I rub some steel wool and cold blue over it,, maybe a oily patch on occasion. Unlike my other guns its out where/when I need it and if it gets stolen ? ehhh pawn shops will have another.  
Probably like a manual transmission.. Whippershappers wouldnt know how to use it anyways. 

ATAS ? must be one of those Timmy words I am not familiar with.
get a flash light for the house,,, that way you can actually use it during the real threats,,, like power went out.. And when something goes bump in the night you shine a light at the old lady peeing , vs pointing a gun

If the intruder is navigating around inside your home without light, you won't need much light either. Now if we are talking repelling boarders with "masks" raiding the old chicken coop a light might be nice. Maybe a great 3-gun stage in the making?