Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My 1st SQUIB - A 9 mm bullet stuck in the barrel of my Open Race Gun

StefVanHauwe

It seems like most shooters with possible squibs notice that something unusual has happened  prior to or at about the same time as an RO says Stop. It's more confusing when it's not a primer only squib but when it just obviously sounds weaker then normal. More experienced shooters are likely to notice and stop in time.

Lucky, yes he was.  Not feeling the difference in recoil should have been your first, oh crap thought.  I have stuck my share of bullets in barrels but never tried to push it out with another bullet.  Growing up on a range I have saved many from putting another in the barrel and yes have seen the after effect of those not so lucky.  Chalk this one up to dumb luck.  Be safe out there!

On 8/7/2023 at 2:20 AM, MHicks said:

It seems like most shooters with possible squibs notice that something unusual has happened  prior to or at about the same time as an RO says Stop. It's more confusing when it's not a primer only squib but when it just obviously sounds weaker then normal. More experienced shooters are likely to notice and stop in time.

I personally think if there is even remotely a question, an RO should call stop especially in local matches. If it's a major match, I get that it's more serious but there's no point in even taking the slightest chance in a local. We've had a few recently where we called stop and luckily there was no squid. 

3 hours ago, RedDotsOnly said:

I personally think if there is even remotely a question, an RO should call stop especially in local matches. If it's a major match, I get that it's more serious but there's no point in even taking the slightest chance in a local. We've had a few recently where we called stop and luckily there was no squid. 

Agreed.

• 2 months later...
On 8/20/2023 at 6:01 PM, RedDotsOnly said:

It should not matter if it is a local or National match.

It is a safety issue!!!

Remember that if the gun blows up, more than likely you might be hurt along with the shooter.

Have you ever been around a blow up gun?

I have and it is serious!!!