Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1 in 10 twist 40S&W barrel

pyrrhic3gun

I've been shooting the Xtreme 220 grain bullet in a 40 S&W STI, but I feel like it just isn't stabilized enough to suit me.

Anybody know where I can get a 5" 1-in-10 twist barrel with a W/N ramp?  Bull or bushing profile is OK.

Let me guess..... You are shooting 220gr 40 Cal bullets because they "Shoot Soft"?

Add enough powder to push the bullets fast enough so they stabilize in flight. Yes doing this will make them less "mouse fart feeling" when you shoot them. But you will be able to hit what you are shooting at.

Pick one...... 1 - Super Soft Shooting and the accuracy sucks. Or..... 2 - Normal recoil impulse and you can hit what you are shooting at. You can't have both.

What he said.  Also, a snappy round and proper recoil management will get the gun back on target faster, which is really what you should be trying to achieve.  If you're set on shooting powder puff loads, there's always CO/LO.

yeh 200's and 220's stabilize just fine in my 40 STI,,, shoot pretty decent too.  Dont recall recoil being much different than my normal 180 major loads... ALthough I was loading them at 1.200 and sending them.  used the gun a few times at bowling pins before I bought a 6" 45... Mainly because I couldnt find a 7"  BUtttttt I think that will be my next purchase as I see Fusion has a 7 inch slide and barrel. Just because... I can impress the cool kids