Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Pair of GGI P320s

RangerTrace

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, jaep1911 said:

The large group has the striker hit offset?

I sent Bruce a pic of the first batch of N330 test rounds and he advised that a "little" off center is to be expected.  Strange how the Lockwood is more centered.

Hmmm, to me, the offset doesn’t look “little”. I would add a witness mark to some rounds (say, at 12 o’clock) and see where the offset is at and if it’s consistent.

in any case, I believe Mr. Bruce will sort it out for you.

I scored my second Lockwood slide kit last night. I love that kit but I’m stuck with R3 Max which is not reliable and I’m kinda getting sick of it.

19 minutes ago, RJH said:

I think those primer strikes being that far off center is your problem. That ain't worth a damn

What's crazy is the Modern Classic pistol shoots softer and more accurate than the Lockwood does.  The Lockwood barrel is about 50 fps faster than the MC barrel.  

1 minute ago, RangerTrace said:

What's crazy is the Modern Classic pistol shoots softer and more accurate than the Lockwood does.  The Lockwood barrel is about 50 fps faster than the MC barrel.  

That don't help it don't light primers though. I think with the firing pin being that far off, you've eliminated all the margin for error in how the primers are seated or primer hardness. And that is not a critique on your reloads, I reckon there is plenty of factory ammo that would have issues with that strike 

7 minutes ago, RJH said:

That don't help it don't light primers though. I think with the firing pin being that far off, you've eliminated all the margin for error in how the primers are seated or primer hardness. And that is not a critique on your reloads, I reckon there is plenty of factory ammo that would have issues with that strike 

If he doesn't figure out a fix by Wednesday, I'm moving the Lockwood parts to the small TXG grip to get me through Kentucky State.

2 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

I had an extra Legion slide laying around, so the strikers got swapped out.  I can't tell any difference in the trigger with the stock striker.

I would take a close look at the striker lug on the one from the BG tuned slide to see if there was any "polishing" of the lug/sear interface.  If not you should be at the same function level with a stock striker assembly......

Good luck in Kentucky!

👍

14 minutes ago, jaep1911 said:

Good new! What did you do? Is that slide kit still in a break in period? 

Less than 1000 rounds on it.  It was flawless at Texas State and through a few hundred during sight in and load development.  Then 4 light strikes on Friday at Area 4.  I have an extra 3.6" Legion slide, so I just put the striker from it in the Modern Classic slide.  The striker hits are more centered and look about the same as the Lockwood slide which has been 100% reliable with my checked match ammo.

13 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

Less than 1000 rounds on it.  It was flawless at Texas State and through a few hundred during sight in and load development.  Then 4 light strikes on Friday at Area 4.  I have an extra 3.6" Legion slide, so I just put the striker from it in the Modern Classic slide.  The striker hits are more centered and look about the same as the Lockwood slide which has been 100% reliable with my checked match ammo.

Any chance you could have overlooked the primers themselves? My last box of CCI had 2 that failed to ignite. 

1 hour ago, RangerTrace said:

I can’t see how using a different striker would change the location of hits as its tip comes through the hole unless the striker is angled/ tilted in the channel. Something else is causing it. Just my thought. 

3 hours ago, Rich406 said:

Any chance you could have overlooked the primers themselves? My last box of CCI had 2 that failed to ignite. 

Not on my match ammo.  They are all put into a hundo case gauge and carefully examined for high primers.  My practice ammo is a whole other story......

1 hour ago, RangerTrace said:

Not on my match ammo.  They are all put into a hundo case gauge and carefully examined for high primers.  My practice ammo is a whole other story......

I meant actual bad primers. 

On 6/12/2023 at 4:37 AM, mandiesel said:

I wish they would add pretravel adjustment to the GG triggers… definitely helped me when I swapped in an AC trigger!

Love the 1911 style cuts!!! Best of luck with them

Because if you take out too much pretravel, your gun is not drop safe anymore.

On 6/14/2023 at 3:17 PM, jaep1911 said:

I just got my 2nd Lockwood kit. Its barrel fit is even tighter. It needs some serious breakin, I guess. 

I should post a photo of my pair later :)

You got the new faxon barrels! :D