Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

510c/627 mount

jeremy kemlo

I put a 507c on my 627 with an Allchin mount. I don't know if a 510 is the same as a 507. I ended up having to mill the bottom of the mount on a 1 degree angle with the front higher than the rear, because the 507 dot is angled down 1 degree for semi auto pistols where the barrel is pointing down 1 degree when in battery, and level when the slide is open.

I couldn't sight in the elevation until I did that. One degree doesn't seem like much, but it is 15 inches at 25 yards and 30 inches at 50 yards. The Allchin mount is a good quality product. This is not the fault of the mount. The mount is made for dots that are calibrated for a zero degree barrel, not an angled down towards the front barrel.

Edited by Toolguy

The 510 is much bigger than the 507s—I don't think Allchin makes a mount for it, actually. It's a rifle optic, and the attachment screws are on the bottom, so it wouldn't be trivial to screw to a top strap, either. You need access to the bottom of the mount to attach the sight to the top of it, and to the top of the mount to attach the mount to the gun.

20 hours ago, Toolguy said:

I put a 507c on my 627 with an Allchin mount. I don't know if a 510 is the same as a 507. I ended up having to mill the bottom of the mount on a 1 degree angle with the front higher than the rear, because the 507 dot is angled down 1 degree for semi auto pistols where the barrel is pointing down 1 degree when in battery, and level when the slide is open.

I couldn't sight in the elevation until I did that. One degree doesn't seem like much, but it is 15 inches at 25 yards and 30 inches at 50 yards. The Allchin mount is a good quality product. This is not the fault of the mount. The mount is made for dots that are calibrated for a zero degree barrel, not an angled down towards the front barrel.

Warren, thanks for explaining that issue. I was wondering why I had to shim the mount on my revo to get the Holosun 509 to zero at 50 yds

6 hours ago, practical_man said:

Warren, thanks for explaining that issue. I was wondering why I had to shim the mount on my revo to get the Holosun 509 to zero at 50 yds

The jpoint actually sells a shim for their dot.  Others may also.  Haven't needed any yet for my dpp or vortex, both venom and viper.

On 5/2/2023 at 12:54 PM, Toolguy said:

I had the same issue I had a holosun on my 627.