Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PERFORMANCE CENTER M&P9 M2.0 COMPETITOR - holster

G19ss

6 hours ago, Drell said:

Any holster for an M&P 5 inch works. I have a Comp-tac and use it on boss hanger for USPSA, and another with a paddle for IDPA.

So you have a competitor and have tried it in regular M&P 5" holsters & it fits? 

I've been told by Bladetech that the competitor is not compatible with M&P 5 inch holsters because the frame is thicker.  I also called Shooters Connection and they told me the same thing.

1 hour ago, G19ss said:

So you have a competitor and have tried it in regular M&P 5" holsters & it fits? 

I've been told by Bladetech that the competitor is not compatible with M&P 5 inch holsters because the frame is thicker.  I also called Shooters Connection and they told me the same thing.

I got a BLADE Tech and it works with My plastic M&P9 but hangs up on the M&P9 Metal.

27 minutes ago, Pure2j said:

I’m using a regular M&P first generation 4.25” holster from Bladetech with the screws backed way out. 

With a Metal M&P?. I got the bladetech holster last week day before a match and didn't have time to mess with it.

On 4/10/2023 at 7:18 AM, SteelCityShooter said:

I have a DAA Pro holster for my 5" M&P 2.0 CORE and to fit my new 4.25" Metal Frame all I had to do was back out the tension knob a couple of turns.  Yes, the Metal Frame is a bit wider but not a lot.

Doesn't hang up on draw at all?

On 4/11/2023 at 11:41 AM, dtuns said:

I backed out screws but hangs up often on the draw with the Metal M&P but works great with my plastic one.

Is your plastic M&P a 4.25"?  Could be the front sight of the 5" Competitor catching on the holster end during the draw if the holster is made for the shorter barrel.

On 4/15/2023 at 6:29 PM, SteelCityShooter said:

Is your plastic M&P a 4.25"?  Could be the front sight of the 5" Competitor catching on the holster end during the draw if the holster is made for the shorter barrel.

I have a 5" and 4" compact that work great in the holster but the 4.25" Metal hangs up on the draw.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...