Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow2 - MecGar Magazine Hangup

lamelogin

I recently purchased 3 x 16-Round MecGar magazines for my Shadow2.  They've been giving me reloading issues where they'll get hung up about 1/3 of the way in as they catch on the back left side of the mag to the left side of the grip screw hole on the left side. 

I can force my 3 original magazines from CZ (came with pistol) to get hung up in the same spot if I forcefully insert them at an angle, but they've never it under a normal course of fire at a match.

Is this a know issue?  Has this happened to anyone before?  How can I resolve?

SKU:  MGCZ7516B

image0.jpeg.627bb49b0ee006fb7bf6b73af808f2da.jpeg

Are they 17 round tubes that can only make it to 16 because of the flat base plate? Typical CZ Shadow 2 mags are 17 rd tubes with a plastic base plate or some may come with an extension of the 17 rd tube to make 19. If this is a 16 round marked tube, you have a mag that may not actually be compatible. Can you send us a link to where you got them? I am afraid you have purchased this magazine by mistake.

23 hours ago, lamelogin said:

Thank you for everyone's feedback.  This is where I got the magazines from:  https://gunmagwarehouse.com/mec-gar-cz-75b-75-sp-01-85b-9mm-16-round-magazine.html

Looking at the link you sent us, I see that they say it is compatible with the shadow 2. Although they should fit per the description, it think that 16 rd are not the most ideal for fitment. I was looking through the reviews and cannot find where people used it for CZ Shadow 2, recently. It may be worth sending them back. S2 mags could be available in the classified in this forum at a decent price. I got some second hand super used magazines for my S2 and they work flawlessly. I wish you luck in whichever direction you choose regarding the magazines you have.

I had same problem on new shadow 2 where the ledge that has threads for grip panel is sharp and hung past where the magazine guide was.  It made a big difference just bending that guide out a touch to force the mag foreword while it was being inserted. They still drop free. Oddly enough my older shadow runs the magazines fine. They are all mecgar 16 rounders. 

Id say polish that mag brake too just to make it a bit slicker. When I got my first S2 (It was one of the first few delivered) the mag brake had some roughness and pits in it. I polished it to a mirror shine and have never had an issue with it.

I also 2nd the concerns of others with the 16rd mags.