Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help on Everglades MRH holster

YVK

I've just got one. No instructions sent with a holster. None that I can find on their site. Did a search here, nothing too. This is a first race holster for me, I'm supposed to figure out if my Cheely grip fits but at this point I need to figure out how to work it. Anybody has a link to instructions of some sort?

There's a lock on the back that I'm supposed to be able to put in three different positions. It is immovable. Do I have to have a gun in to do that?

In addition, I can't shorten the distance between holster and belt. Looks like should be easy enough task, take one screw out and push it in but it is not budging even with a light mallet tapping.

Edited by YVK

Mine grips my polymer grip just fine but not my new Cheely.  What the OP is talking about it activating the locking lever on the back of the holster to retain the gun.

It seems the Cheely trigger guard is causing the trouble.  My locking lever will operate if I push down on the lever that's on the left side of the holster while I move the locking lever. 

I haven't looked hard at it yet and I hope there's some simple adjustment.

19 minutes ago, John Whidden said:

Mine grips my polymer grip just fine but not my new Cheely.  What the OP is talking about it activating the locking lever on the back of the holster to retain the gun.

It seems the Cheely trigger guard is causing the trouble.  My locking lever will operate if I push down on the lever that's on the left side of the holster while I move the locking lever. 

I haven't looked hard at it yet and I hope there's some simple adjustment.

Matt’s grips just barely touch the mouth of the holster making the lock hard or impossible to move. Take a small file to both sides of mouth until grip is going in farther.

It’s not a trigger guard problem

Edited by Sarge

The cheely grip takes a slight but of adjustment to fit. I think there was a thread on it, or you can email everglades and they'll tell you what to do. It's just a few swipes of a file in the holster, I believe.

1 hour ago, zzt said:

100_1217.thumb.JPG.9102315d3f4c5c47fbf5a24a99718a59.JPG

This is the mod you have to make.  You don't even have to take this much off.  Just chamfer the inside edges as shown and the gun will drop right in.

Sorry but can you circle or mark the edges you are referring too?.. im curious as a buddy has the same issue

9 hours ago, ogiebb said:

Sorry but can you circle or mark the edges you are referring too?.. im curious as a buddy has the same issue

Image preview

P.S. Has to be done on both sides. Didn't take too long, a little filing and a little smoothing up with sand paper.

Edited by YVK

23 hours ago, YVK said:

Everglades sent me the exact same ^^^^ photo this morning. 

Yes.  I sent that to Steve because he was considering incorporating the change in his manufacturing.  I guess he decided not to, because the fix is so quick and simple.

23 hours ago, ogiebb said:

Sorry.  Don't know how to do that.  Just compare the top of the factory holster with the picture and the edges that require work will be obvious.  60 seconds with a file and a sanding stick and you are finished.

49 minutes ago, zzt said:

Sorry.  Don't know how to do that.  Just compare the top of the factory holster with the picture and the edges that require work will be obvious.  60 seconds with a file and a sanding stick and you are finished.

Cool Mine comes in today..ill check if it needs work first.  Thanks!!!

6 minutes ago, ogiebb said:

Got mine today. No fitting needed on my E2 Grip maybe they fixed it? All i can say is wow no more stuck draws

E6F5594F-9766-470D-A13F-29B510365AFD.jpeg

The issue wasn't in seating the gun on a hanger but not seating it deep enough so the lock wasn't functioning properly. With gun in place, work the locking lever and see if it is functioning smoothly and is closing without excessive resistance.

28 minutes ago, YVK said:

The issue wasn't in seating the gun on a hanger but not seating it deep enough so the lock wasn't functioning properly. With gun in place, work the locking lever and see if it is functioning smoothly and is closing without excessive resistance.

No issues or fitting issues with mine locking lever functions well. Full Lock , Half Lock and and unlocked..

• 2 months later...

Got the MRH in yesterday, and did run into a slight bit of interference with the LOC not allowing the locking lever to engage freely.

I can lightly "tilt" the grip backwards, which raises the dust cover off the magnets; and the locking lever easily engages.  My issue appears the left side of the grip, right in front of the mag release housing, is contacting the holster early.  Putting a bit of down pressure on the grip also shows interference on the right side; again right in front of the mag release housing.

BTW:  Steve at Everglades sent me the same pic as above; and said: 

This will probably fix it........

@zzt and others:  do you feel the same mod to the top of the holster would remedy my issue?  Adding pics for clarity......

Thanks!

MRH Ls.png

MRH Rs.png