Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Align Tactical thumb rest

ngodwetrust21

I figured I would do a quick post now that the cat is out of the bag on this thing. I was fortunate to be able to be a part of this from start to finish and I think you all will really enjoy it. 

I am able to shoot much quicker and more accurately with it than without. Design will be USPSA CO and Production legal as this is just an aftermarket locking block pin replacement.

Just to give you an idea what sort of recoil you can expect from the addition of the thumb rest. Makes it feel like shooting an open gun. Recoil feels much softer and the dot doesn’t even feel like it ever leaves the window.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpWl-SHDyTd/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by ngodwetrust21

So this is not to critique the product. I’ve just always wondered why these are pretty common on open guns but very few people at  a high level run these on Prod/CO. At least that I’ve seen. 

32 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

So this is not to critique the product. I’ve just always wondered why these are pretty common on open guns but very few people at  a high level run these on Prod/CO. At least that I’ve seen. 

It is a great question. Christian Sailor seems to like them both in open and on the Shadow 2 he runs in CO. I really think like most things, it just comes down to personal preference. You should pick one of these up, Jason. I’d be curious what you think of it on the Rival.

Edited by ngodwetrust21

34 minutes ago, ngodwetrust21 said:

It is a great question. Christian Sailor seems to like them both in open and on the Shadow 2 he runs in CO. I really think like most things, it just comes down to personal preference. You should pick one of these up, Jason. I’d be curious what you think of it on the Rival.

I don’t run my thumbs forward enough to really touch it. 

I do like that these will prevent you from dumping the mag on table starts. That alone might be worth it if a guy has that problem. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I owe you all an apology. Please see the update below from Align Tactical. “Locks internally in place and is USPSA Limited, Limited 10, Limited Optics, and Open approved Only (UPDATED - NOT for Production or CO division use)." 

Let the “I told you so” commence. 

11 minutes ago, GJM said:

What is the problem for CO?

If it only replaces a pin and doesn't replace some other fixture on the gun, like a takedown lever or a slide stop, then it's not legal.  You can replace a pin with a pin, but not with an attachment.  We have had the same question with Glock handguns and the answer is the same, because there are no takedown levers or slide locks that are directly replaceable.” 

Apparently even though 21.6 specifically says it covers pins, it doesn’t cover pins.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2023 at 5:46 PM, ngodwetrust21 said:

Looks like I owe you all an apology. Please see the update below from Align Tactical. “Locks internally in place and is USPSA Limited, Limited 10, Limited Optics, and Open approved Only (UPDATED - NOT for Production or CO division use)." 

Let the “I told you so” commence. 

Too bad, I would have tried it otherwise but that and  a magwell  are not worth moving to LO over IMO.