Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Rival S competition holster available

stephenmcrna

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2023 at 9:51 PM, telligentgunner said:

I watched the video below where he explains the holster.  I think this one is going to be the one I go with due to the magnetic retention and little to no friction on the gun.

Seems interesting but I think GX ha a simpler and better solution.

From IDPA Rules: "Retention devices may be permanently removed or permanently disabled, but not temporarily disabled for a match."

From GX Produtct's website: "The GX VICE Holster is NOT LEGAL FOR IDPA COMPETITION!"

Edited by telligentgunner

3 hours ago, telligentgunner said:

From IDPA Rules: "Retention devices may be permanently removed or permanently disabled, but not temporarily disabled for a match."

From GX Produtct's website: "The GX VICE Holster is NOT LEGAL FOR IDPA COMPETITION!"

I read that, i was referring to the original post, not the GX Vice

I misunderstood your post was in reference to the Vice and not the OP

2 hours ago, goneracin said:

do the rival S and the older rival sfx use the same holster?

Ive been using my comptac for my m&p and it works ok, but i was considering this holster

Thanks

The Rival-S does not have the same dimensions as the polymer version.  However, my Black Scorpion Gear holster still ran it without any hiccups.... mind you it was pretty well broken in from my polymer Rival.  

If you run a holster with very rigid Kydex, you're very likely going to need different holsters for each gun.  

22 hours ago, ChrisDeRouen said:

The Rival-S does not have the same dimensions as the polymer version.  However, my Black Scorpion Gear holster still ran it without any hiccups.... mind you it was pretty well broken in from my polymer Rival.  

If you run a holster with very rigid Kydex, you're very likely going to need different holsters for each gun.  

i should have clarified better.  I have the older tupperware version, but im guessing people may start to accommodate the steel version more.  So i was wondering if i could use the new guns holster for my sfx. Specifically the OP magnetic retention holster

but i think  you explained it pretty well anyway that it may be loose in there.  not hotdog down a hallway loose but still loose.

thanks man

bob

Edited by goneracin

On 4/10/2023 at 10:34 PM, goneracin said:

i should have clarified better.  I have the older tupperware version, but im guessing people may start to accommodate the steel version more.  So i was wondering if i could use the new guns holster for my sfx. Specifically the OP magnetic retention holster

but i think  you explained it pretty well anyway that it may be loose in there.  not hotdog down a hallway loose but still loose.

thanks man

bob

Bob  I made a post about fitment between the two  guns. Its  heron the canik page theres  some  more info on the  topic.

If you already have a BSG holster with the cool-guy aluminum hanger, you can then order their BSG holster with the chinky plastic paddle mount and remove it onto your aluminum one.  

It’ll save you $75 or so then just switch them out as you need.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2023 at 6:51 PM, telligentgunner said:

I watched the video below where he explains the holster.  I think this one is going to be the one I go with due to the magnetic retention and little to no friction on the gun.

I bought this holster and it's great.

What he didn't mention is that there is actually a channel made in the holster for any thumb rests/gas pedals that may be developed for the Rival-S in the future.  Very smart move.

Edited by telligentgunner