Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tooth Abcess

Sharyn

OH GOSH PENNY!!! That's PERFECT!!! :D (the apples in my refrigerator are mocking me). Athena didn't bring me any sherbet... she just ordered stinky anchovy pizza from my house... (I already got sherbet. She was off the hook. ;) )

I can't fathom that alternating 800mg Ibuprofen with Vicoden ES q2 hours and 300mg Clindamycin QID for 6 days with increasing pain and pressure is par for the course. I don't like the 1/2 golf ball size lump forming in my jaw either... so I went back to the endodontist this morning (couldn't get a hold of anyone via answering service last night - bad omen). That BEOTCH attempted drilling on my tooth without ANY pain relief. She's lucky I only grabbed her hand... I'm not going back. :angry:

My dentist is trying to get me in with an oral surgeon 1st thing tomorrow (they're currently enjoying a Christmas luncheon)... if not, I'll be admitted to St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital. Please send cash in lieu of flowers. :D

Thanks for all the posts and calls of concern! I am so grateful!

:D

edited for shpellink

Edited by Sharyn

A fifth of Crown and a handful of Darvocet works pretty well. The pain will persist, but you just won't care.

Sharyn:

I have been through tooth hell and back several times. As a result, my big mouth looks like a jewelry store because of all the gold crowns. The truth is, not all dental professionals were created equally. As soon as you find the guy/gal who has their poop in a group (someone who specializes in emergency dental work/oral surgery, etc.) all will become well in your universe. Best wishes.

A fifth of Crown and a handful of Darvocet works pretty well. The pain will persist, but you just won't care.

Sharyn:

I have been through tooth hell and back several times. As a result, my big mouth looks like a jewelry store because of all the gold crowns. The truth is, not all dental professionals were created equally. As soon as you find the guy/gal who has their poop in a group (someone who specializes in emergency dental work/oral surgery, etc.) all will become well in your universe. Best wishes.

Click here for Ron's favorite accessory store.

Saw the oral surgeon today... great man! :D Infection has now spread through my jaw and into my lymph glands, etc. Vicoden ES/Ibuprofen regimen has been changed to Demerol 50mg with Phenergan 25 mg q4 hours. Surgery is scheduled for Monday.

:(

THIS REEEEAAAALLY SUCKS!!!

Vicoden ES/Ibuprofen regimen has been changed to Demerol 50mg with Phenergan 25 mg q4 hours.

That's a lot better. I'm glad they're throwing in an anti-puke med (technical term). Phenegran is good stuff. It sounds like they've actually got around to trying to solve the problem. Unfortunately, it took the infection getting to the nodes. Not a good thing, but sounds like you're doing alright.

Get better, and let us know how you are doing after surgery.

Take care,

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK

Take care of yourself and be your own advocate with the Dr's. Any ongoing issues after treatment, be quick on the phone and into the office.

Infections that spread and get into the lymph nodes are serious.

Monday 2:00 PM EST. Sharyn is having her surgery today.

Hope everything goes well and you recover fully and fast. PM me your address and I'll try to get some Rainbow Shebet delivered to you.

Be well,

8 hours post-op and all is well. :D I never thought post-op pain would be nil compared to pre-op!!! Yeah, it hurts a little, but I can handle this kind of pain. WHEW!!! The surgeon said the tooth was split, no doubt.

The surgeon paid attention to every detail when dealing with my pain. He even sprayed my IV site with anesthetic before starting my IV... and that was the most pain I felt. What a good, kind man. :wub: He distracted me with conversations of phlebitis in my neonatal patients receiving heavy duty antibiotics, while he pushed the Versed. I tried very hard to explain that babies wiggle a lot... and that was the end of the conversation. :lol:

I think I'm gonna survive. Full liquids today and tomorrow then soft food on Wednesday. Hopefully I'll get to return to work on Saturday.

Thanks everyone!

:D

I think it took me 20 minutes to type this message. It's tough to type coherently while goofy... ha ha ha!

Edited by Sharyn

Hi Sharyn,

Glad to hear that you're doing well and that the Doc was a good one. I think I still have your address. I'll see about shipping out some sherbet.

Later alligator,

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK