Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2023 Holosun Competition Optic. (507 Comp)

Michael303

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just swapped my SRO for a green 507 comp. I fired about 300 rounds through it doing a little testing for competition use. For targets 15 yards and in I preferred the 20moa ring only. Past 15 yards I liked the 2/8 combo. This is what I assume I will use majority of the time. What was interesting was putting a clean target behind a shot up one and doing some shot calling drills firing doubles at match speed i called 100% of my shots correctly between 7 and 20 yards. I’m shooting a match with it tomorrow and will post again. So far I like it, i would be just as happy with a solid 8 moa green dot as well though. The window size is cool but I don’t see how it will be an advantage over the already big SRO

Edited by ColoradoNick

3 hours ago, ColoradoNick said:

I just swapped my SRO for a green 507 comp. I fired about 300 rounds through it doing a little testing for competition use. For targets 15 yards and in I preferred the 20moa ring only. Past 15 yards I liked the 2/8 combo. This is what I assume I will use majority of the time. What was interesting was putting a clean target behind a shot up one and doing some shot calling drills firing doubles at match speed i called 100% of my shots correctly between 7 and 20 yards. I’m shooting a match with it tomorrow and will post again. So far I like it, i would be just as happy with a solid 8 moa green dot as well though. The window size is cool but I don’t see how it will be an advantage over the already big SRO

I don’t think it’s an advantage, just “different”. Like I said, I won’t replace any of my SRO’s with it, but the next time I need another red dot, I will definitely consider it. 

10 hours ago, Cuz said:

I don’t think it’s an advantage, just “different”. Like I said, I won’t replace any of my SRO’s with it, but the next time I need another red dot, I will definitely consider it. 

I just put a 507 comp on my gun and like the 2moa with 8moa circle. I am keeping my SRO for now to see the difference after awhile and to make sure the 507 stands up to the abuse.