Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Removing Front Sight Post? Is it bad?

darthdively

New Shadow 2 OR Owner, not new to CZ platform. So i took off my front sight post after my first match with this gun for CO because it was bothering me.

Went to indoor range today and noticed the barrel bushing walking out. silly me forgot to put the cross pin back in place.

Is it absolutely necessary for me to have the front sight post back in or can the bushing and the pin stay in place just fine without it?

2 hours ago, darthdively said:

New Shadow 2 OR Owner, not new to CZ platform. So i took off my front sight post after my first match with this gun for CO because it was bothering me.

Went to indoor range today and noticed the barrel bushing walking out. silly me forgot to put the cross pin back in place.

Is it absolutely necessary for me to have the front sight post back in or can the bushing and the pin stay in place just fine without it?

Is the sight bothering you, or the fiber optic?

I don't mind a green FO front sight visible through the optic (that's how my carry gun is setup).  My eyes ignore the green and go for the red.

My Shadow 2 OR came with a red fiber optic rod and my eyes did not like that.  I thought about cutting it off and removing it but instead blacked it out with a sharpie and problem solved.  The front sight became, for all practical purposes, invisible.

1 hour ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

Is the sight bothering you, or the fiber optic?

I don't mind a green FO front sight visible through the optic (that's how my carry gun is setup).  My eyes ignore the green and go for the red.

My Shadow 2 OR came with a red fiber optic rod and my eyes did not like that.  I thought about cutting it off and removing it but instead blacked it out with a sharpie and problem solved.  The front sight became, for all practical purposes, invisible.

I had the red fiber on there. In my first match with this I was bothered with two red dots, one being the fiber, in my field of view. I cut it out during the match. after a couple stages I still noticed the front sight post. It annoyed me so i elected to take it off after the match. 

5 minutes ago, darthdively said:

I had the red fiber on there. In my first match with this I was bothered with two red dots, one being the fiber, in my field of view. I cut it out during the match. after a couple stages I still noticed the front sight post. It annoyed me so i elected to take it off after the match. 

Taking it off is the quick fix.  Being 100% target focused is the permanent fix. 

15 minutes ago, slavex said:

@tt350z I can't find that front site filler on their site, how does one get a few?

They are not selling it as a standalone product at this time.

It’s an available option when doing slide milling or optics cut.

1 hour ago, tt350z said:

They are not selling it as a standalone product at this time.

It’s an available option when doing slide milling or optics cut.

well drat. Wish someone would offer them. 

I also took off the front sight snd didnt put the pin back so the bushing came off when shooting in the range. I had to watch youtube vids to put back that bushing (had to put it on the freezer) i ended just putting the lin back and left out the front sight. I ran 2 matches with it that way.