Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Monopod mag pad?

Kettlebell

What magazine pad or extension seems to work the best for most when monopod-ing a rifle off the magazine?  

The standard 30rd mags are a little short for me when using them to monopod the rifle?  I have a pair of Arredondo monopod extensions for USGI mags and the work but wondering if there is another better option that is more stable or taller?  

Also the USGI mags tend to be a little wobbly in the magazine well.  What magazines tend to be a little snugger fitting taking some of the wobble out?  

The TTI mags have no provision for coupling, are smooth and slippery on the bottom, and the angle isn't great for monopodding. I use the TTI extensions on my primary mags, just not if I see myself going prone on a stage. The TF bases are a better shape and have an aggressive texture that really grips well on almost any surface.

Cheaper option, good old ranger plates. Squishy rubber that is angle corrected does the trick. 

Magpul mag coupler works great for a larger footprint. Or cheaper yet a can of chew taped between two magazines. 

On 1/6/2023 at 9:29 PM, ecn515 said:

Cheaper option, good old ranger plates. Squishy rubber that is angle corrected does the trick. 

Magpul mag coupler works great for a larger footprint. Or cheaper yet a can of chew taped between two magazines. 

These on 30 or 40 round Magpul mags coupled together. Depending on what height you like. Very stable. The Ranger plate has just enough give to absorb a little recoil, good angle, and when you drop down absorbs the shock.

gerritm

On 1/3/2023 at 8:01 AM, TonytheTiger said:

Pmags with the Taylor Freelance extension are great. Bonus points if you couple two mags together.

This is the correct answer the TF units have correct angle and grip smcoupled up its like a bipod. Very stable. I loan mine out a lot when people see them.

• 8 months later...