Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX now makes CZ75 small and large frame mags

regor

A buddy tagged me in an MBX post on Instagram and I think it's awesome that MBX is entering this market. https://mbxextreme.com/index.php?page=Magazines_CZ

I'm not sure I see much benefit of the 140mm mags since they are generally reliable in the small frame guns and the .40 large frame guns and going with Mecgar tubes + extensions is quite a bit cheaper than what MBX is selling them for, but the 170mm 9mm mags for the large frame 9mm mags will be a welcome addition to anyone who has dealt with the Czechmate's nose dives and issues with JHPs. I suspect the 170s will also come in cheaper than the $130 OEM 26rd mag + $40 CZC follower that is the standard now. Time will tell if they are reliably out of the box! 

Damn I just bought new mags for my TSO too! I should have waited a week. 

This is very exciting news, looking forward to seeing how those 170mm mags perform. Immediately sent this to my squad mate shooting a czechmate 

Edited by CC3D

On 11/4/2022 at 1:01 AM, Cowboy_Ninja said:

This is a game changer for czechmate guys, getting 28 rounds in a czc extended 170mm mag with their springs which I find subpar to grams springs to run right is outright annoying.

Why do you say MBX springs are sub par? Nobody I know and shoot with has issues at all with them. 

15 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Why do you say MBX springs are sub par? Nobody I know and shoot with has issues at all with them. 

we had some very weak mbx springs (malfunctions after 1 week). mbx was not interested in fixing it either. we switched to tti springs (on the advice of a good shooter in washington who had a similar problem), which are noticeably stronger, and the problem went away.  definitely left a bad taste.

turns out my wifes open gunbuilder also doesn’t like their springs or followers, and uses gramms in the mag he supplies with the gun.