Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Grip Sizes

Goat259

Good Evening,

I recently received my MPA DS40, and I like it thus far. I have me reloads dialed in for it and am ready to start competing with it. This is my first 2011, so getting used to the grip and the ergonomics is different than that of a CZ or Tanfoglio. One thing I have a question about is the grip. As you can see in the photo, my trigger finger is up against the frame. When my arms are stretched out, I feel my trigger trigger is stretched out and does not have a lot of wiggle room. I was wondering for my next 2011 if I decide to go that route, are there manufacturers that have a grip that is just slightly thinner? I have the small trigger installed, and that is measured at .395. That helped a little, but I feel my trigger finger is just kind of cramped. I really don’t know how else to describe it.  

Thank you. 

Goat

EBAC5EE9-0CCE-43F1-89A0-596E4DEB7390.jpeg

I have small hands and wanted to put a steel grip on my BUL 2011. I've never handled a limcat, but I handled the BUL steel grip, PT, Cheely, LSI and SVI/Infinity. The SVI is the smallest of the bunch out of the ones I tried and that's what I put on my BUL. It was also the best overall feeling (and the most expensive).

2 hours ago, jt1207 said:

I have small hands and wanted to put a steel grip on my BUL 2011. I've never handled a limcat, but I handled the BUL steel grip, PT, Cheely, LSI and SVI/Infinity. The SVI is the smallest of the bunch out of the ones I tried and that's what I put on my BUL. It was also the best overall feeling (and the most expensive).

Of the SVI grips, which did you get? They have a Signature Grip, 1.25 diameter grip, and a 1.3 diameter grip. 

On 10/27/2022 at 3:30 PM, echotango said:

If you have hands like a 5yr old, like my wife, limcat will make you an extra small grip(smallest possible grip). Had one made for my wife's open gun. 

Something you have to specially request? 

I was going to go with the SVI small hands smooth/grip tape grip. But limcat might be the better option?

On 10/31/2022 at 3:24 PM, jt1207 said:

THIS is the info I've been looking for. Thank you!! 

Hard to find someone who has tried the SVI and LSI. For a while I'd been hearing the LSI felt smaller but I wasnt convinced since it is not advertised that way. 

Now I just have to decide between limcat and SVI for my tiny mitts. 🤔

2 minutes ago, ezra650 said:

Something you have to specially request? 

I was going to go with the SVI small hands smooth/grip tape grip. But limcat might be the better option?

Yes, just give them a call or email.  Same price as the rest of their grips.  At the time, it was ready within a week. 

On 10/31/2022 at 5:35 PM, Goat259 said:

Of the SVI grips, which did you get? They have a Signature Grip, 1.25 diameter grip, and a 1.3 diameter grip. 

Sorry, just saw this. This is the grip I bought (see photo).  

Screenshot 2022-11-02 182521.jpg

8 hours ago, ezra650 said:

THIS is the info I've been looking for. Thank you!! 

Hard to find someone who has tried the SVI and LSI. For a while I'd been hearing the LSI felt smaller but I wasnt convinced since it is not advertised that way. 

Now I just have to decide between limcat and SVI for my tiny mitts. 🤔

I got lucky and my gunsmith (who does work for a bunch of uspsa guys) rounded up a bunch of 2011s for me to come by and try, and I already had an SVI open gun, so I could compare across a bunch to see what felt best for me. The trick for me was finding a grip that I didn't have to change my grip every time I draw and have to hit the thumb safety on the way up.