Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 10mm

rgoberle

I am considering getting a 10mm M&P and was curious about swapping the 10mm barrel out

with a 40 S&W as an alternate to the 10mm. Does anyone know or have tried the swap. I am thinking

the swap should work as long as the barrel length is the same. I am not sure if they changed the outside dimensions

of the 10mm from the .40.

2 hours ago, Joe4d said:

way things are going with 40's being dumped you could probably buy a complete 40 for about what you'd pay for a 40 barrel and spring 

Yep, LEO trade ins going for $289, new KKM and spring probably higher than that.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/24/2022 at 4:14 PM, rgoberle said:

I am considering getting a 10mm M&P and was curious about swapping the 10mm barrel out

with a 40 S&W as an alternate to the 10mm. Does anyone know or have tried the swap. I am thinking

the swap should work as long as the barrel length is the same. I am not sure if they changed the outside dimensions

of the 10mm from the .40.

Just curious, Why would you buy 10 mm gun, and switch out the barrel the shoot 40 smith and Wesson.

I was able to shoot my 4.6" M&P 10mm for the first time last week. Fed factory Magtech 180 fine (just one magazine) and my handloads no problem. Did have pretty significant firing pin drag as shown (on all loads), but I understand that's not a real concern?

Velocities reached with Longshot:

200gr Blue at 1.275", 8.0gr: 1152 +/- 4 fps

180gr Zero at 1.255", 8.6gr: 1219 +/- 13 fps

180gr HST at 1.264", 8.9gr: 1235 +/- 22 fps

Let me know if you have any questions. Fits perfectly in a M&P45 2.0 holster.

PXL_20230422_193808461.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I know this is a few month old . 

If that was my gun, I would pull the striker out.  Clean out the channel in the slide. Look for any roughness or burs.  Polish it up slick.  Check out the striker and tip.  I personally give the tip a light polish on all its sides as well so it will slide in easier.....hopefully.    A little deformation to me is OK as the striker has no return spring but when it's gouging out the primer I look to clean things up.  

If that drag is accompanied by any rim deformation look at pressure and or recoil spring.

Longshot is a great 10mm powder as is blue dot.  The latter is so clean.

The 10s are awesome guns IMO.  Congrats!!  Hope your still enjoying it.