Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lots of dry fire Q5SF

Chillywig

• 2 weeks later...

I have broke the tip off of my striker with extensive dry fire. I have read other people have had the same thing happen also. I have also had several "experts" tell me no way does it hurt the striker, well it costs around 100$ and 2 week wait to fix this non problem. 

33 minutes ago, ohsevenflhx said:

I have broke the tip off of my striker with extensive dry fire. I have read other people have had the same thing happen also. I have also had several "experts" tell me no way does it hurt the striker, well it costs around 100$ and 2 week wait to fix this non problem. 

🤣👍

I broke one on a M&P 9 years ago. Same thing. Bunch of dry fire then went to range for live fire. Pointed the gun at target and click, racked round click, racked round click. I bet I went through the whole mag before I believed it. Getting a striker back then from smith was difficult to say the least. They said they don't break, unless you have a modded trigger like an apex, which I did, and dry fired, which I did. 

• 3 months later...
On 9/1/2022 at 1:02 AM, stock said:

I broke two of them . I would switch out the broken one when dryfireing.  Can't break what's already broken lol. Just remember to put in a good one before going to a match 

How many rounds did you have when you broke the first one? How often and how much do you dryfire?

Why not just drop a snap cap with a cushion where the pin hits it?  When I shot a lot of striker pistols (P-10F) I dry fired the crap out of two of them and never broke a striker.  And the P-10 striker will eventually break from DF if it isn't cushioned.

Edited by Johnny_Chimpo