Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 92X Performance Race Holster Needed With All Toni System Build

EliteNoire99

I built a Beretta 92X Performance Race Gun with all of the Toni System components and cannot find a holster that works because of the picatinny rail red mount. It raises the front of the handgun. I've tried Ghost Evo One, Double Alpha and Guga Ribas holsters.  I’ve called Toni several times, but no one ever pickups the customer service line. I’m on hold 30+ minutes each time. I also sent several emails.

Any thoughts, suggestion, help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank everyone!

Toni Slide Build.jpg

Edited by EliteNoire99
Misspelled Word

Yes, I purchased the Guga Ribas holster.

JJ's holster and/or gun must be modified.

Looking at their manual and online videos I am unable to get the gun to fit unloaded with the hammer down. I sent an email to Guga Ribas support, but I have yet to receive a reply.

I was looking at JJ's trigger in a photo and it appears that his gun is modified to be SAO. With the hammer down, his trigger is set far to the rear like it would be in the SAO ready to fire position. I can get the handgun set in the holster in this position.

Thank you,

Dwight

I tried to contact JJ in the past and he didn't respond. Heck, even when trying to register for his class it 3-months for a reply. 

Anyway...

I believe I have figured out my issue with my Guga Ribas holster fit issue. When I built my Race Gun, I put in the Red Aluminum Competition "S" triggers. I just now looked at JJ's build again and I see he has the Beretta vertical (Straight) triggers. 

I can get the holster to work with my Race Gun in SA Mode. But the trigger is too far forward in DA Mode for the locking mechanism to activate.

I just ordered the Beretta vertical (Straight) trigger. It should be here by Friday. The rear geometry of the trigger converts the pistol to Single Action only (while filing it away it will return DA/SA). This is a Race Gun, so it will only be used in SA mode. If I need DA/SA I will just put back in the standard trigger.

I will swap out the triggers to see if this does the job and get back to the group.

Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by EliteNoire99

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 8/15/2022 at 1:32 PM, EliteNoire99 said:

I tried to contact JJ in the past and he didn't respond. Heck, even when trying to register for his class it 3-months for a reply. 

Anyway...

I believe I have figured out my issue with my Guga Ribas holster fit issue. When I built my Race Gun, I put in the Red Aluminum Competition "S" triggers. I just now looked at JJ's build again and I see he has the Beretta vertical (Straight) triggers. 

I can get the holster to work with my Race Gun in SA Mode. But the trigger is too far forward in DA Mode for the locking mechanism to activate.

I just ordered the Beretta vertical (Straight) trigger. It should be here by Friday. The rear geometry of the trigger converts the pistol to Single Action only (while filing it away it will return DA/SA). This is a Race Gun, so it will only be used in SA mode. If I need DA/SA I will just put back in the standard trigger.

I will swap out the triggers to see if this does the job and get back to the group.

Thanks for the feedback!

Did you get this to work?

Hello,

I had the slide racker fabricated because I couldn't find one to purchase. It was not cheap, but I love it.

I had my barrel made by Jarvis Barrels to withstand the pressure of the open cartridge.

I hope this helps.

All the best!

Edited by EliteNoire99

• 2 months later...

I 3D-printed some parts to turn an old Race Master Glock insert into a 92X-with-optic insert:

PXL_20231010_002400051.thumb.jpg.097f065c7e4248bcb616677b7be1e2c2.jpg

There's the trigger hook thingy, of course, but also a piece that narrows the trigger channel and rises up to shield the trigger, since the gun sits pretty high to allow the optic mount to clear the holster body.

Happy to share the files if anyone wants them.

Hello All,

I wanted to provide an update on running my Beretta 92X Performance Open Racegun in the 2023 USPSA season.

I went the entire season with no issues whatsoever up until Area 8 on August 28th. The locking block broke ear broke, which is one of the downsides to the 92 series. In the future I will inspect and/or replace the block every quarter. I did go 6-months with no issues using Atlantic Arms 145gr Major JHP & Classic ammo.

All the best!

Dwight 

Beretta 92X Performance Open Racegun Dwight Mitchell.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/7/2023 at 6:42 AM, rpm8300 said:

My 92X Perf works well with my CR Speed "WSM II" Holster.

Do you have yours with the same optic mount that attaches to the picatinny rails from toni systems ?

On 1/14/2024 at 7:23 AM, Joe123 said:

Do you have yours with the same optic mount that attaches to the picatinny rails from toni systems ?

Hey Joe, no this was just the gun; that mount may cause an issue but the was the holster is, there is some room to have some stuff underneath the rail