Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rule ?

usmc1974

On 8/13/2022 at 7:35 PM, bdpaz said:

Well, as the IDPA rules require a story if it’s not a Standards stage, I don’t see that happening.  
6.1.1.1 Scenario Stages represent a civilian self-defense situation that could actually happen. Scenario Stages must have a written scenario description reflecting this and will use appropriate props and targets with Unlimited Scoring.  

It’s pretty much irrelevant anyway as the short story length scenario shouldn’t contain any actual instructions so just don’t read it.

I actually laughed out loud when I read that.

Again not an IDPA shooter but I can't imagine.  I know too many USPSA shooters who don't listen to/remember, "Start with wrists above your shoulder." 

On 8/13/2022 at 5:30 PM, Johnny_Chimpo said:

I'm talking about going farther than that.  No more "go to P1 and engage T1 through T4....".  Just solve the problem any way you want, so long as cover, reloading, and exposure rules are not violated.  Procedural penalties for those violations.

Thats USPSA. Different sport. I like both but I like like the differences.  

Wow!!!!  after reading the comments,  of all you easily annoyed, unhappy don't know how to have fun, shooters.  All I can say,  is don't go to a cowboy action shooting match  whatever you do!!! lol

On 8/13/2022 at 4:05 PM, rowdyb said:

Scenario: You are at an idpa match, testing your shooting abilities and gear choices. Not your tactics. Shoot all the appropriate targets following the latest rule book.

Please don't write me a novel about home invasion, gangs, drug dealers interrupting me on the toilet, being assaulted mid gun cleaning...

LOL!  You interrupt me on the toilet, my gun is going to be the least of your worries!  Chemical warfare will be your chief worry!

Nolan

On 8/13/2022 at 6:30 PM, Johnny_Chimpo said:

I'm talking about going farther than that.  No more "go to P1 and engage T1 through T4....".  Just solve the problem any way you want, so long as cover, reloading, and exposure rules are not violated.  Procedural penalties for those violations.

That's exactly the intention of the updates to the rules that I pointed out. Even if the stage procedure says "go here, do that" it can't be enforced.

Now, you just have to convince the SO and MD of that. ;)

11 hours ago, iboomer said:

That's exactly the intention of the updates to the rules that I pointed out. Even if the stage procedure says "go here, do that" it can't be enforced.

Now, you just have to convince the SO and MD of that. ;)

I'd rather kick myself in the nuts.  It would be more enjoyable.

Edited by Johnny_Chimpo

All good reasons that when I decided to get serious about improving my pistol shooting skills about 6 years ago I gave up on IDPA and switched to USPSA.  I had been shooting IDPA for about 5 years at that point.  It took maybe a year to get in the groove with the way USPSA matches are shot, but I would never go back to IDPA.