Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ear protection

Zachjet

What’s do you guys use?   I’ve been using the walker razors over the head ear muffs.  But I’m looking for ear plugs.   The over the head muffs get very uncomfortable after a while 

thanks 

I’m happy with the TEP 100 for over 5 years, selection of plug sizes for near custom fit, recharges in the case, lasts all day. A lot cheaper than +1k custom molded plugs, no more headaches from ear muffs. I do add muffs for indoor matches just because some open guns 💥

3M PELTOR EEP-100 Ear Plug Kit, Rechargeable, Noise Reduction, Construction, Manufacturing, Maintenance

I used the original Axil electronic buds for a while. I ended up breaking them (my fault). I just ordered in the Axil Ghost Strike 2.0s. They work great, the bluetooth is a nice add on. I also like how they can bend and have over ear support. My last axils never fell out of my ears but that was a concern, especially when running during 3 gun. 

On 8/2/2022 at 8:55 AM, ParaLarry said:

I’m happy with the TEP 100 for over 5 years, selection of plug sizes for near custom fit, recharges in the case, lasts all day. A lot cheaper than +1k custom molded plugs, no more headaches from ear muffs. I do add muffs for indoor matches just because some open guns 💥

3M PELTOR EEP-100 Ear Plug Kit, Rechargeable, Noise Reduction, Construction, Manufacturing, Maintenance

Been using these but one of the plugs stopped recharging, works for maybe 20 min then shuts off, the other is fine. Had them for around as long as you.

16 hours ago, rootacres said:

I used the original Axil electronic buds for a while. I ended up breaking them (my fault). I just ordered in the Axil Ghost Strike 2.0s. They work great, the bluetooth is a nice add on. I also like how they can bend and have over ear support. My last axils never fell out of my ears but that was a concern, especially when running during 3 gun. 

Ended up picking up a pair of the axil’s. Hope they get here in time for Saturdays match 

3 hours ago, Zachjet said:

Ended up picking up a pair of the axil’s. Hope they get here in time for Saturdays match 

Awesome. It's also probably worth mentioning that they still fit under muffs. I was getting some reps in with my AR yesterday. The bay I used is a little tighter so I doubled up on ear pro. I turned off the axils and turned on the muffs, worked great. 

*also if you shoot indoors, I shot an indoor match with a bunch open guys shooting 9 major loads. I thought I was going to go deaf.

Edited by rootacres

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2022 at 8:46 AM, rootacres said:

Awesome. It's also probably worth mentioning that they still fit under muffs.

This is great to know. I’ve been wearing fitted plugs under my electronic muffs because the folks shooting majors killing my ears and my squad mates are sick of me yelling all match😆

• 1 month later...

I’ve used them for maybe 3-4 matches. I’m a fan of them.  I love the Bluetooth to be able to talk on the phone when I get work calls, and i thought BT was a waste until I used it