Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9MM Round Nose vs Flat Nose...124g vs 147g

I've been using the exact same 147g reload in my Aero Precision custom build with a Taccom 10/16 barrel that I run in my CZ 75 SP01 and they seem to work fine.

Except an occasional sticky last round that doesn't want to extract via the charging handle when I need to show empty & clear at the end of a stage. Otherwise I've had no malfunctions in over 2000+ rounds.

The Taccom chamber seems to have a pretty tight tolerances as the PCC will not run most of my culls that my CZ barrel will tolerate. I was about to experiment with a shorter OAL but I'm also about to have to order a fresh supply of Blu Bullets. Many PCC guys run 124g flat nose but the recoil is so minimal on my CZ that I'd really hate to change up my 147g  loads for that and don't really want to have a special load just for the PCC.  What say you?

Try this

load some 124 with your 147 powder charge and chrono them thru you pcc

and see if the make PF

that’s what I ended up doing, pistol ammo I run 135s, pcc 115 blues

With the same powder charge

both PF around 135 through the respective firearms

I say run two loads, each optimized for the gun you'll shoot them in.   Personally, I'd don't care for 147s in my PCC, because it feels like I could take a short nap while the gun cycles.

For the PCC in particular, I prefer 115s and 124s, short stroked and tuned (buffer, weight, spring, etc.).   If the dot moves at all I want it to come back to the original POA ASAP.  If I can't put 10 rounds in the A zone at 20 yards as fast as I can pull the trigger, my load/gun is not properly tuned.  My only exception is for an annual falling steel match, with all forward falling steel.  I use 147s @ 985fps and hit them high.  They fall faster that way.  If you hit them in the calibration zone with a 130PF they take forever to fall.  That's not good when you have to clear the front steel to get to the ones behind.

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2022 at 2:03 PM, rishii said:

Try this

load some 124 with your 147 powder charge and chrono them thru you pcc

and see if the make PF

that’s what I ended up doing, pistol ammo I run 135s, pcc 115 blues

With the same powder charge

both PF around 135 through the respective firearms

What is your barrel length on your pcc?

I’m anal and want to max out the performance of each gun so I run 2 loads, one for pistol and one for PCC. I run 115gn RN in both, but vary the charge.  I’m now playing with 100gn steel challenge load, so I’ll prob be running three loads🤓

• 1 year later...