Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My delicate hands are better suited to counting money or signing eviction papers, rather than smacking the ejector rod :)

Sam Carmoney had it happen at the Free State this year.  It must be happening when the ejector rod hits its end travel, as I have had it happen once or twice when I've used the same hands reload, usually I do the switch hands and never have any issues operating the ejector rod with my thumb.

I like Toolguys idea though.

I shoot right handed, and reload with my left hand, just like I do with a semi auto.

I thumb the cylinder release with my right thumb, smack the ejector rod with my left palm, then grab a moon clip with my left hand, and reload.

Maybe I should try switching hands reload?

Interesting, as a lefty, I hit the cylinder release with my left trigger finger, push out the cylinder with my right thumb, then eject with my right index finger, and grab a moon clip and load with my left hand, then use my right fingers to close the cylinder as I regain my grip and resume firing.  It almost feels like Revo's were meant for leftys...

15 hours ago, ysrracer said:

Maybe I should try switching hands reload?

I wear a golf glove on my left hand. (It's also good for grip with sweaty hands.) The Ruger rod has a nicely rounded end, though, so I don't need as much hand protection that way.