Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 AXG PRO with SRO

tritium

I recently mounted a SRO to my P320 AXG PRO after a ton of research and lots of warnings that it might not work due to the over hang of the optic above the ejection port. I am happy to say that it has worked so far!

I am running the SRO on my AXG PRO on a CHPWS optic plate Which fit perfectly and kept the RDS low on the slide. The pistol has a Springer Precision guide rod with a 12 lbs 1911 spring and no other additions so far. I will eventually add suppressor sights as a back up. Primarilly, this will be my IDPA pistol. 

My reloads are 147 grain Campro bullets over 3.5 grains of VV N320 at 1.120” COAL, in Winchester nickel brass and loaded on a Dillon 650. Power factor out of my stock 320 was 135 to 137 so, I am sure results will be similar when I chrono.

After 700 rounds in practice and at speed, I have had zero malfunctions and ejected brass does not appear to be hitting the optic. Ejection is about 2 o’clock and 5’.

Accuracy is great at 2” groups at 25 yards.

I did notice that under coil, the muzzle lifts slightly more than my 330 X5 with TXG grip but return to POA was slightly faster than the TXG. The recoil fulcrum feels like it is at the back of the ejection port/ centred over my grip.

I’m still sorting this out but I’m happy so far.

I’d like to hear about similar experiences. 

• 7 months later...

I have a Sig AXG Pro and bought one of CHWPS plate for the Trijicon SRO/RMR/ Holosun.  I noticed with I put the plate in the slide that it will slide forwards and backwards several thousands of an inch.  I figured it would fit tightly in the cutout since it has the studs that your sight seats over before you screw it down.  With the plate having movement I figured all that his holding my sight on the gun is the screws since it would be possible for the plate to slide back and forth.  Has anyone else had this issue with these plates or did I get a defective plate?

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Shmella said:

If the Axg pro has the rmr pattern holes milled already, what is the need for the plate anyway?

I think the plate helps maintain water resistance on the the RMR.  I don't think the SRO needs it since it's a top loading battery.

I ended up getting the CHWPS plate. Definitely locks the sro in better. It has tabs that lock the plate into the slide and mounting tabs that also lock the sro better in place. Seems to be much more secure than just the two screws. 

• 7 months later...

I tried 147 campros with my x5. Terrible accuracy. Switch to 124 and was much better. Loaded with TG. I had heard similar stories that the 320 preferred lighter. I prefer the 147 myself. Glad to hear yours can eat them up.