Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W M&P

Patrick Sweeney

My source tells me that if the extractor breaks on the M&P, the slide needs to be replaced -

If this is indeed true, this issue is keeping me from buying the M&P - this part in any gun is a very hard service piece of the gun -

Thoughts?

Hello,

It's possible to place one order for one spare extractor I receive the mine by direct order to my dealer,

The last time i have clean my M&P i remove my extractor for cleaning, but it's not easy to remove the pin but it's possible with the correct tools and i don't have any trouble with my pistol (+20.000 Rnds)

Sorry for my bad english

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello everyone -

There has been some great information shared about the M&P, but I find it interesting that there seems to be no discussion about the extractor -

From what I have learned, the extractor is a factory-installed part. Although some owners have managed to get the extractor out of the slide, it is not something easily done - and the factory does not offer them for sale -

My source tells me that if the extractor breaks on the M&P, the slide needs to be replaced -

If this is indeed true, this issue is keeping me from buying the M&P - this part in any gun is a very hard service piece of the gun -

Thoughts?

sw

Your source is wrong.

Your source is wrong.

Yes, this part is easily replaced, but at the same time, I know they DO break, but I have yet to see one breaking.

If your extractor ever breaks, you can send the slide to S&W and they will replace it.

Y

I've never broken one of mine, but I did see a buddy forget to put his back in after a detail cleaning of the gun. It just happened to be the night before a major match. If you do remove it don't drop it, they are small and easy to forget about.

I've never broken one of mine, but I did see a buddy forget to put his back in after a detail cleaning of the gun. It just happened to be the night before a major match. If you do remove it don't drop it, they are small and easy to forget about.

That is one very good reason for not taking it out!!

I have been shooting my M&P9 for almost one year, I'll have to clean it sometime, I haven't yet!! I'll throw in on my ultrsonic tank filled with M-Pro7 for 20 minutes and be done with it.

Y

I have been shooting my M&P9 for almost one year, I'll have to clean it sometime, I haven't yet!! I'll throw in on my ultrsonic tank filled with M-Pro7 for 20 minutes and be done with it.

Y

If you shoot lead bullets, removing and cleaning the extractor isn't optional. Lube and other crud build-up will turn an otherwise reliable gun into a sometimes gun.

How do I know this? Trust me, I know this. :rolleyes:

Y

If you shoot lead bullets, removing and cleaning the extractor isn't optional. Lube and other crud build-up will turn an otherwise reliable gun into a sometimes gun.

How do I know this? Trust me, I know this. :rolleyes:

I have not shot lead on mine yet, but I will.

Now, wouldn't the Ultrasonic take care of the residue in the extractor??

I don't know, that's why I ask.

Y

Y - I don't know - I've never had access to an ultrasonic cleaner. One way to find out would be to shoot a few hundred rounds through the gun and then stick it in the ultrasonic cleaner, disassembling the gun afterwards to check the extractor. If it works, then you're golden. :)

Y - I don't know - I've never had access to an ultrasonic cleaner. One way to find out would be to shoot a few hundred rounds through the gun and then stick it in the ultrasonic cleaner, disassembling the gun afterwards to check the extractor. If it works, then you're golden. :)

I will be loading Billy Bullets, they are Moly Coated Lead, with no Lube, I might just test it with about 500 rounds first and shake the gun disassembled for 20 minutes, then leave the slide in the tank shaking for another 30 minutes.

Thanks for your feedback, I never thought about the lube and lead residue. I haven't cleaned my gun in almost a year, but I have shot only factory FMJ's on it.

Y

I shoot pure cast lead in my M&P. The combination of cheap bullets, cheaper powder make for big cleanups, but nothing insurmountable. I have 3-4K through it, and as I hit it with the boresnake when I get home, and use the toothbrush in the chamber, everything is groovy.

So, extractors can be ordered? Please tell me how -

Hello everyone -

There has been some great information shared about the M&P, but I find it interesting that there seems to be no discussion about the extractor -

From what I have learned, the extractor is a factory-installed part. Although some owners have managed to get the extractor out of the slide, it is not something easily done - and the factory does not offer them for sale -

Thoughts?

sw

Your source is wrong.

I don't know. Where does it say?

By the way, I know that extractor pic really sucks. It's an old pic that I quickly shot for proof on the M&P forum.

hey man, no apologies necessary, it does what it's supposed to do... Show the extractor out of the Slide!!

Good job

Y

I think FS is shipped from Woolley, WA. :mellow:

If they are, how come OK and FL received them already and I'm in AZ and i don't have it??

Did USPSA used the same mailing service to mail the magazines that they used to mail the ballots?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :surprise: :surprise: