Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger PCC over travel

Hi guy's, 

Iv got the M carbo trigger installed currently, but the take up is still kinda ehhh... How hard would it be to drill n tap for a pre-travel screw ? Or is this something not worth the effort. 

Thanks 

Squirrel

15 hours ago, himurax13 said:

Both my Tandemkross triggers have zero pre travel. Unfortunately, they need the stiffer trigger return spring that Tandemkross provides to reset reliably.

I had that trigger, obviously 🥴 and yes the pre-travel was good. It was just that flat face / angle bothered me. Perhaps I'll try a stiffer spring. I'm not even sure what's in there at this point

2 hours ago, Squirrel45 said:

I had that trigger, obviously 🥴 and yes the pre-travel was good. It was just that flat face / angle bothered me. Perhaps I'll try a stiffer spring. I'm not even sure what's in there at this point

I was going to try the mcarbo trigger, but I got a great deal on another TK trigger. 😉

I held off because the KS7 spring kit that I ordered was a nightmare to install. The spring kit for the Ruger PC9 also seemed to be discontinued without any reason.

For all that are reporting phenomenal trigger, can you post your actual measured trigger pull weight ?    I find it a bit subjective for someone to just say TK is phenomenal without a more quantitative discussion.  I have yet to find a ruger pcc trigger combo ( including the VQ TG9 ) that is even close to the hyperfire PCC trigger or what Kidd would offer in RFRO.     Happy to be proven wrong as I want a good solution to the trigger.

10 hours ago, jrdoran said:

For all that are reporting phenomenal trigger, can you post your actual measured trigger pull weight ?    I find it a bit subjective for someone to just say TK is phenomenal without a more quantitative discussion.  I have yet to find a ruger pcc trigger combo ( including the VQ TG9 ) that is even close to the hyperfire PCC trigger or what Kidd would offer in RFRO.     Happy to be proven wrong as I want a good solution to the trigger.

That's because one doesn't exist. I had a Volquartsen hammer installed that dropped it below 3 lbs but the trigger wouldn't reliably reset. The TK trigger with the stiffer return spring is about 3.5 to 4 lbs and doesn't come anywhere close to a Hiperfire Eclipse trigger.

There is a new trigger assembly from JARD. Complete unit al frame and spring adjustable trigger pull, 2.5 to 4 lbs. Looks good and has curved trigger! I have several of their triggers for AR platform and they work great. 

After the Tandemkross and Mcarbo, I tried the Volquartsen and it was night and day.  It is kind of pricey but it is a proper trigger replacement system with an overtravel screw.  I feel like this was the most significant upgrade I put on the Ruger to make it a real competitive blaster.  

On 5/18/2022 at 2:37 PM, rpm8300 said:

After the Tandemkross and Mcarbo, I tried the Volquartsen and it was night and day.  It is kind of pricey but it is a proper trigger replacement system with an overtravel screw.  I feel like this was the most significant upgrade I put on the Ruger to make it a real competitive blaster.  

I think this is going to be my next step, probably before the taccom barrel at this point

1 hour ago, Squirrel45 said:

I think this is going to be my next step, probably before the taccom barrel at this point

Keep us informed if you do go that route. Always looking for more reviews and options for my Ruger PCC trigger. 

On 5/20/2022 at 12:43 PM, Cuz said:

Keep us informed if you do go that route. Always looking for more reviews and options for my Ruger PCC trigger. 

On 5/18/2022 at 2:37 PM, rpm8300 said:

After the Tandemkross and Mcarbo, I tried the Volquartsen and it was night and day.  It is kind of pricey but it is a proper trigger replacement system with an overtravel screw.  I feel like this was the most significant upgrade I put on the Ruger to make it a real competitive blaster

Will do, I'm thinking an early summer project. 

6 hours ago, Squirrel45 said:

Will do, I'm thinking an early summer project. 

@Squirrel45 Since we're both in CT,  I'll give you a great price if you want to buy my VQ trigger for Ruger PCC.   I ended up moving over to the AR9 platform.