Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

tanfo newb question

I'm intrigued by the tanfo option for carry optics.  I have a canik and it is just way too small, I want a steel pistol that fills my hand like my CZ TS.  (The CZ shadow feels small as well.)

Looking at the Stock 1, 2 &3, I can't see why the 2 became the first choice for uspsa vs the 3, and why the 1 is hundreds of dollars less than the 2.  I'm actually drawn to the 1 with the finger grooves.  Are there important internal differences? This info is elusive, and I'd rather ask people that love to talk about them, instead of doing hours of research.  

I shoot Stock 2's in Carry Optics and a Czechmate (TS frame) in Open with brass palm swells on all of them. Both feel about the same in hand (perfect fit for me).

I would also consider the Defiant Stock Master (large frame). It's a blend between the Stock 2 and 3.

Edited by BRuss

Same internals as long as small frame or large frame.

Stock 2 has conical bull barrel, durable finish. It has been out the longest therefore more commonly popular. Weight balance is preferred by many.

Stock 1 is lighter, has no checkering.

Stock master as mentioned is essentially stock 3 frame, with stock 2 barrel and upper.

You basically have two ideal/top choices... stock 2 or stock master.

Stock 2 if you want a slightly shorter, slightly lighter gun.

Stock master if you want more nose heavy gun. Stock master slide is stroked even though it really doesn't make a difference.

New stock 2 optic ready should be imported soon by IFG.

With how prices are between stock 2 and stock master, stock master is actually cheaper. 

I have two Stock 2's that I have shot for a couple of years in Production. Recently got a .40 slide to play in Limited at bit (4.75") and a 2020 Optics ready Stock 2 to try CO.

If you are going to be shooting CO I would think the Stock 2. Sight radius will not be an issue and it feels a bit quicker. You wouldn't think 1/4" would make a difference with open sights, but I do like shooting the .40 and prefer the slight length gain.

You won't regret getting either gun. Well maybe,  because we all seem to think the next gun is better!

Another item is the stock master and limited master come with 2 mags. Another thing to consider is the fact that IFG has been importing both small and large frame pistols. The small frame pistols use CZ mags where the large frame ones cannot. On my large frame Tanfos I can swap out the slides. I have 6” Match upper, 4.75” limited and 4.5” stock2 uppers and swap them out depending on which division I’m shooting.