Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What will become of the Q4 and 5 steel frames?

BobRockefeller

It sure looks like the end of the road for the PPQ. But what of the Q4 and Q5 steel frame models? Are we to expect steel frame PDPs, or are the steel frames not popular enough to continue?

Please speculate. I'm new to Walther and unfamiliar with their history.

Edited by BobRockefeller
Clarification

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Walther brought no steel frame pistols to the Boulder City range on Monday. The only steel frame pistols at their SHOT Show stand were the Q5 variants hailing from the Meister Manufaktur. A Walther employee told me that the Q4 SF has been discontinued. Reading between the lines, I suspect that the remainder of their steel frame pistols will not be replenished. Time to stock up on spare strikers and springs for your existing sidearms.

• 3 months later...

My Q4SF is my second best shooting pistol.  Only behind my 9mm steel WIlson Combat 5" CQB.  I beleive the difference is the site radius and the 1911 trigger.   I love them both, but do my law enforcement qualifications with the Walther!

Edited by Retlawman

17 hours ago, Retlawman said:

My Q4SF is my second best shooting pistol.  Only behind my 9mm steel WIlson Combat 5" CQB.  I beleive the difference is the site radius and the 1911 trigger.   I love them both, but do my law enforcement qualifications with the Walther!

Get the  Dynamic Performance Trigger. Earl Sheehan had them in stock as of two weeks ago. It makes a big difference in the crispness of the two stage pull.

7 hours ago, MichaelZeleny said:

Get the  Dynamic Performance Trigger. Earl Sheehan had them in stock as of two weeks ago. It makes a big difference in the crispness of the two stage pull.

Thanks, Ill look into it.  I still think it still has a sweet trigger, compared to SW Shield Plus or Glock 19 Gen 5,anyway.  LOL.