Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is Benelli still the ultimate tube fed Sg

mitommy

I may have an opportunity to purchase a Benelli SG. Is this still the ultimate tube fed SG for 3 Gun?

if so, which model - M2?

what features are good to have (barrel length, magazine capacity, other suggestions)?

I know this one has a pistol grip stock. I know that would have to go. What stock would I replace it with?
finally, what is the market price for used Benelli, that is suitable fir 3-Gun?

Edited by mitommy

Benelli M2 or Beretta 1301 you have a very good shotgun. M2 is more friendly to start quadload but you can perform with the Beretta.

The new M2 Speed is ready to race ou Tof the box but i don’t know if you can have it in US.

In second hand the M2 SP is a very good choice. ;) 

M2 will always have a longer track record, but the 1301 has a few years of amazing reliability under it's belt at this point. There aren't as many 1301's in the wild but I attribute that to the M2 being the only good choice during the heyday of 3 gun. By the time the 1301 showed up most people willing to spend good money on shotgun already had an M2 and 3 guns popularity was on the decline.

34 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Hey wait a minute, I thought my Stoeger was the poor man’s Benelli???

Naw, the franchi is the poor man's M2, there is a lot more parts related and interchangeable and it's made in Italy as well. I was actually trying to buy the stoeger a few years ago when I got into 3gun but they were all sold out so I 'settled' for the franchi and it's a much nicer gun and for about $800 I was set up with a longer tube and some 3gun specific parts.

so, your stoeger is a poor man's franchi lol. Benelli>franchi>stoeger

On 10/21/2021 at 8:10 AM, Intheshaw1 said:

Naw, the franchi is the poor man's M2, there is a lot more parts related and interchangeable and it's made in Italy as well. I was actually trying to buy the stoeger a few years ago when I got into 3gun but they were all sold out so I 'settled' for the franchi and it's a much nicer gun and for about $800 I was set up with a longer tube and some 3gun specific parts.

so, your stoeger is a poor man's franchi lol. Benelli>franchi>stoeger

hmm, if your Franchi  is the poor man’s Benelli, and my Stoeger is the poor man’s Franchi , then I think that makes my Stoeger the poorer man’s Benelli, right???

But, considering I take mine out less than once a year, it was the perfect choice for me. I’ve never felt bad about putting it away dirty, and it still hasn’t had its first cleaning yet. 

lol.