Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open-who Is Going?

slflr

I'll be going. I usually shoot the match all day Friday. If there are enough revos who can't do that, I'll go with the two day shoot. It would be cool to have a Revo squad. I hope Ricky Lopez and Igor can make it????

Igor????

Im going. I shot all day Friday last year. Ill be shooting all day Friday again because of plans I cant get out of on the weekend.

Ive shot every Fl Open since it began, except 2003 and would to continue, but the match fee is getting expensive. Great match, but the Nationals was only $225.

I am trying to persuade Igor to come, and I am actually in the pre-planning phase (actually a doability phase) with a couple of teammates.

Hope I'll be able to make it.

If it happens I'll be shooting the whole match on friday, then having fun with my family the next two days.

Edited by Skywalker

I'll bet if Jerry comes, you wouldn't be able to keep Ricky away. This could be very cool.

Luca. you shooting revolver???

Let us know if you need anything or have problems with guns or ammo. We have plenty of both down here in the GUNshine state.

Cliff

Luca. you shooting revolver???

Unfortunately not...unless you count my atrocious reloads with a bottom feeder as an average time to reload a revolver... :(

No, seriously, I didn't notice this thread was placed in the Revolver section, I thought it was a call for BEers at FL Open.

If I can make it, I'll shoot limited.

But, I have highlighted this thread for Igor, and I'm still waiting for his answer on the possibility to be there. ;)

Let us know if you need anything or have problems with guns or ammo. We have plenty of both down here in the GUNshine state.

Tanks a lot for your most generous offer, Cliff. Right now I got instructions from FG and will apply for a BATF 6 NIA form this week. Will let you know if I'm successful and if I will need a hand with ammo.

Edited by Skywalker

I'll be going. I usually shoot the match all day Friday. If there are enough revos who can't do that, I'll go with the two day shoot. It would be cool to have a Revo squad. I hope Ricky Lopez and Igor can make it????

Igor????

Hi Cliff,

for me this year is impossible go to Florida Open :( for two reason, the first is my work for the Olympic Winter Game in my town, the second is the money... go to your country is very expensive :(

It's true sin not to participate to yours match, task is much beautiful experience.

I hope see soon you and the other guys :)

Best, Igor ;)

Igor,

Instead of Florida, wait until the USPSA Nationals and come then.

You might have company, Spook, Richardo, and hopefully a few others from the states that for some reason or another did not shoot last year that normally do.

I will miss the Florida Open myself, but I'm not that good and need to practice all year just to not embarrace myself at the Nationals.

Hopefully see you there, Might have to check in on the German Nationals and tag along with Jerry if he goes. ;)

HOP

Igor,

Instead of Florida, wait until the USPSA Nationals and come then.

You might have company, Spook, Richardo, and hopefully a few others from the states that for some reason or another did not shoot last year that normally do.

I will miss the Florida Open myself, but I'm not that good and need to practice all year just to not embarrace myself at the Nationals.

Hopefully see you there, Might have to check in on the German Nationals and tag along with Jerry if he goes. ;)

HOP

Hi HOP :)

The German National it's to my capacity, is possible to go with a car in 8 hours...

It's a big displeasure for me not partecipate at the FL Open, this is good occasion was to meet all you revo's shooters :(

I hope of being able to paretecipare to yours national, is in september?

In which city?

Best, Igor ;)

[slight thread drift mode on]

Hopalong,

I have been greatly interested in shooting the USPSA Nats, and last year asked about this possibility, but I was told I have to be a USPSA member to (possibly) get a slot.

Is this still true?

sorry for the drift

[slight thread drift mode off]

Igor,

I keephearing 2 cities for the Nationals, Tulsa Oklahoma(Revolver, Production, L-10, and S.S.) and Barry, Illinois (Limited and Open).

The Tulsa match will be 2 or 3 weeks before the Barry match.

This is just what I am hearing and is not official.

Lucca,

I think that is correct, but I will check for you. should not be a problem, get an annual membership if possible and go from there if you decide to stay with it.

And Hopefully with a split venue Slots will be more available, Many shooters stayed home last year that wanted to go. :angry:

HOPALONG

Hopalong and all the others thinking of competing at the german nats - you are very, very welcome! If theres anything I can do for you to make it possible for you to come, please let me know! If there is a problem with getting your guns to germany, finding a hotel or anything else - I´ll try to help you! I would really like to shoot in a international Revo-Squad!!

DVC!

Sascha

Edited by cooper_999

Igor????

Cliff,

I'll be shooting Saturday and Sunday. Not much choice in the matter as I am riding with other shooters. Besides, I'm looking forward to two days of shooting in the sun after a MN winter. :D

Good to hear Keith,

Luke and i are in for Sat/Sun. I think Dan is good with that also. Get those apps in. I'm getting mine in next week. I will get them to hod a revo squad for a while so lets try to fill it up.

I already have the postcard back from Frank telling me that I am in for the match.

I sent my app in two months ago and already requested to be squadded with my traveling buddies. How big do the squads usually get at this match?

I emailed Frank yesterday and asked if he could squad the revolver shooters together for the Sat/Sun slot. I have not had a reply as of yet. I sent my app in today for the Sat/Sun slot. I will probably drive down Thu or Fri from Falling Waters WV, if anyone wants a ride.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the approximate round count?

I need to send my ammo with a shooter that is driving down to Florida for the winter. He also told me to send enough along in case we get to shoot a local match or two before the Open as I hope to get down there a week before the match to warm up. So to speak. :D

It's not even officially winter yet and I'm already sick of it.