Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA releasing new striker-fire: STK-100

i just joined this group, hopefully it's still alive!

I bought the STK100 and it looks pretty good out of the box. My biggest concern: it doesn't shoot straight at all. The rear and front sights seem misaligned as I checked with a laser boresight... the issue is that both front and rear sights are non adjustable. I can't even see how to remove the front sight as the post under the slide is covered with some kind of epoxy. One would think as a Glock clone, it would be easily removable...

Next I installed a Sightmark Mini Shot M3 red dot, which removes the rear sights but that red dot does have a rear notch that looks well aligned with the front sight, almost co-witnessing. However, after zeroing the red dot, it still looks crooked.  the culprit seems to be the front sight. I understand I don't need the front sight anymore if I have a red dot, but still... this is pretty disappointing.

Any of you getting the same results?

With iron sights my gun shot low.

I've since switched to a vortex venom and it serves as a back up gun.  Front sight doesn't cowitness so prolly should take it off.

The iron sight system is pretty goofy, almost seems like an afterthought as if RIA figured most would just put a red dot on it anyway.

• 1 year later...

Anyone have an update on these? Thinking of picking one up but gun store counter person couldn’t tell me what optic pattern it is. From what I could find out it started out with the Doctor footprint but now has the Riton footprint which might be the same as the RMR. Never heard of Riton before I started down this rabbit hole.

• 3 months later...
On 4/14/2023 at 10:15 PM, AKJD said:

Anyone have an update on these? Thinking of picking one up but gun store counter person couldn’t tell me what optic pattern it is. From what I could find out it started out with the Doctor footprint but now has the Riton footprint which might be the same as the RMR. Never heard of Riton before I started down this rabbit hole.

I believe they went to the Shield RMSc footprint after the initial batch of guns. Same thing as the Riton footprint but you'll have a lot more success searching for the Shield pattern.

Anyone have long-term thoughts on these? They've gotten cheap enough that I'm considering one just for the frame and planning to swap on a better slide/barrel, but I'm curious about compatibility issues with things like triggers (or even slides). As it stands, this is the only Production-approved aluminum Glock frame.

9 minutes ago, matteekay said:

I believe they went to the Shield RMSc footprint after the initial batch of guns. Same thing as the Riton footprint but you'll have a lot more success searching for the Shield pattern.

Anyone have long-term thoughts on these? They've gotten cheap enough that I'm considering one just for the frame and planning to swap on a better slide/barrel, but I'm curious about compatibility issues with things like triggers (or even slides). As it stands, this is the only Production-approved aluminum Glock frame.

well based on their QC of other guns I have seen,, I wouldnt take one of these for free.

32 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

well based on their QC of other guns I have seen,, I wouldnt take one of these for free.

Okay but, like... how do you really feel? 😛

I guess I'll go back to trying to convince Matrix Arms to get the MX19 approved.