Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9major Hardy Shooters Sound Off

ktyler

i dont know if he is still building, contact chris @ cpwsa.com..i have gotten to 8.4 silhouette 121 gr mg at 1.166-1.168 oal for a 168.2 pf,,primers show a little flattening and a rise around the firing pin,,nothing badly though,,anyone using other powder choices? slightly compressed load, i am thinking 8.5 should get me to 170 pf,,anyone else got ideas?

I shoot Ramshot Silhouette in my STI 9 Major. I use MG 115's with 8.0 gr of the Silhouette. Federal small rifle primers for the harder cup. No primer flattening and no pressure spikes that I've seen. Next time I buy MG's I think I'll try the 121's. Actually I just ordered and should have asked for a sampel pak, DANG!

• 2 weeks later...

I shoot a Hardy 4.25 mongoose with 2 barrel ports and for 2 years I shot it with 9.2 gr. 3N38 with 125 zero jhp's at 1.155 and WSR primers always have chronoed at 168-169 PF but at the recent Area 6, I loaded 9.4 gr. 3N38 with 124 RN MG's at 1.165 with WSP primers and it felt less violent, flatter and didn't have to use spacers with SV mags..It chronoed at 171 PF.

• 2 months later...
I shoot a Hardy 4.25 mongoose with 2 barrel ports and for 2 years I shot it with 9.2 gr. 3N38 with 125 zero jhp's at 1.155 and WSR primers always have chronoed at 168-169 PF but at the recent Area 6, I loaded 9.4 gr. 3N38 with 124 RN MG's at 1.165 with WSP primers and it felt less violent, flatter and didn't have to use spacers with SV mags..It chronoed at 171 PF.

How sloppy would the 3n38 be on a 1050 for 9 mm major

Edited by AWLAZS

I am looking for 9mm feedback

I've loaded up to 9.6 of 3n38 for 9mm. It fills the case up and you'll definitely have to slow down and 'catch' the brass with your fingers as it's coming into the seating station. Otherwise, you're slinging powder all over the place. Figure no more than 3-400 cases per hour on a 1050 if you want to keep the powder in the case.