I just emailed Chip McCormick and MetalForm in order to see

if they would consider developinga 10-round 9mm mag for

the 1911 frame.

I don't know how much good that is going to do, but what the

heck.

UPDATE:

Just got this back from MetalForm:

John,

Thank you for your inquiry. This is in development now and we hope to have some prototypes in a few months. Production would be a few months after that.

Keep in touch if you don't hear about them becoming available in that time frame.

Derek Dibble

Metalform Company, Inc.

Edited by Exiledviking

Just got this back from MetalForm:

"John,

Thank you for your inquiry. This is in development now and we hope to have some prototypes in a few months. Production would be a few months after that.

Keep in touch if you don't hear about them becoming available in that time frame.

Derek Dibble

Metalform Company, Inc."

Wooohooo!!

On a rumor, I tried the Wilson Combat 10rd 38super mags and with the exception of rounds alternately stacking they so far seem to work fine, so I ordered 3 more (to work in my Springfield 9mm 1911). I've had minimal problems so far. This worked out either way as I also have a 38super 1911. The CMC 10rd mag that I picked up to try in the 9mm did not work/feed. By the way, when I placed the order with Wilson Combat the CS rep mentioned they are working on a 10rd 9mm 1911 mag for the end of the year. I do like the plastic follower.

do you want the mag to be flush fit???

might try tweaking some springs and followers ...but that usually leaves the spring weak.. or try and play with the 10 round 38 super mags..

Metalform does make a 10round 40 mag with a rear spacer..but the mag does extend out the bottom of the gun a bit..they also make a 9 round 10mm mag that may have a little more room than the 10 38 super mag to fit 10 rounds of 9mm with some tweaking..

metalform mags

Metalform was pretty responsive a few years ago..when people were after OM size mags for 9x23 and 10mm..seem like it took them a few months, but they are nice mags...

Edited by eerw