Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

the 1050 vs the 1100 for 223/9mm experienced users only please

if this has been answered,  please have mercy on me and direct me to thread,, this is my first day on the intraweb.  

but has anyone on here used both machines, ,with a mbf,, ,or even a motor.    

has anyone bought one,  and then sold it to get the other?  they both look awesome to me.   why does the 1100 come with a 2 year warranty.   

i thought all dillons had a lifetime no questions warranty?

is there some advantage for a more recreational reloader to get one vs the other.  

thanks for any advice.  

1050 comes with a two year warranty because most have been bought by commercial ammo makers who produce 1000000+ rounds a year on them.

If you have a problem with either press and they suspect you are "using a motor," you get two years. If they can see machine and know you are just a handloader, you get treated to the no BS warranty.

Both machines are so similar, I can't see an issue. Both will load just as well.

4 minutes ago, noylj said:

1050 comes with a two year warranty because most have been bought by commercial ammo makers who produce 1000000+ rounds a year on them.

If you have a problem with either press and they suspect you are "using a motor," you get two years. If they can see machine and know you are just a handloader, you get treated to the no BS warranty.

Both machines are so similar, I can't see an issue. Both will load just as well.

i guess i don't understand why dillon would make 2 machines so identical

thanks for the motor clarification,,  that makes sense, didn't know that.  

I prefer the RLs due to their shorter throw and stronger bottom end.  The only reason I'd consider getting an 1100 is if I couldn't find an older machine to rebuild.  Or I needed to load some really long rounds that I can't do with the RL.  The Super I wouldn't even consider.  But that's just me.

29 minutes ago, rockwind1 said:

why do you not like the super 1050?

Weak bottom end, higher toolhead with more travel and longer handle throw.  The RL1100 went back to the older style bottom end, but still has the same issues with toolhead travel and handle throw. 

36 minutes ago, 36873687 said:

I got two s1050 one on m7 auto drive that was born 2008. It’s tank probably 500 k on it. Just springs an index pawls wear out. Cheap fix. 

That's great.  But I think there's a reason they changed back to the old design on the new model.  It's certainly not easier or cheaper to manufacture, or fewer parts.

Kicked myself in the ass for not buying the second RL1050 when I had the chance.  Mine is a tank. Just keeps cranking out the rounds.  Tool head changes are a piece of cake.

I don't reload anything but straight wall brass.  Gave up on .223 when that ammo was cheap.

On 2/24/2021 at 2:45 PM, rockwind1 said:

if this has been answered,  please have mercy on me and direct me to thread,, this is my first day on the intraweb.  

but has anyone on here used both machines, ,with a mbf,, ,or even a motor.    

has anyone bought one,  and then sold it to get the other?  they both look awesome to me.   why does the 1100 come with a 2 year warranty.   

i thought all dillons had a lifetime no questions warranty?

is there some advantage for a more recreational reloader to get one vs the other.  

thanks for any advice.  

Check this out

Pretty decent video.  Only thing I don't get is his comments on the case feeders.  I three of the older RL1050s and all have the newest style variable-speed casefeeders.  They mount and work just fine with no modifications to anything.