Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow II disconnector

Squirrel45

23 minutes ago, jripper said:

Shorter reset. It should reduce the take up on the single action somewhat too.  Both the CZC and the Cajun Gunworks work well.  

Have you had any experience with either of these two ? 

thanks!  

Unless we are completely talking about different things the Disconnector does not reduce the amount of reset.
Reset in short means the distance that the trigger has to travel forward after a shot is fired in order to re-engage/reset trigger bar engagement on sear leg (Single Action).

The disconnector reduces the amount of Pre-travel (slack) in DA and SA.

Edited by Ludde

Thanks for asking about this, squirrel45. I was curious also. Don't think I need one for my S2 orange. The trigger is so light from the factory, I appreciate the pre-travel being what it is. I have larger hands too, so the reach is not an issue for me. 

Like the name implies, the shorter reset disconnector definitely reduces reset.  I have used both the cajun and the cz custom.  Both are good.  You can get a cajun that you fit for absolutely shortest reset possible.  But I've found that the drop in ones are just about as good.  

2 hours ago, Ludde said:

Unless we are completely talking about different things the Disconnector does not reduce the amount of reset.
Reset in short means the distance that the trigger has to travel forward after a shot is fired in order to re-engage/reset trigger bar engagement on sear leg (Single Action).

The disconnector reduces the amount of Pre-travel (slack) in DA and SA.

I'm going to disagree about with you.  It significantly affects reset. 

1 hour ago, jejb said:

Thanks for asking about this, squirrel45. I was curious also. Don't think I need one for my S2 orange. The trigger is so light from the factory, I appreciate the pre-travel being what it is. I have larger hands too, so the reach is not an issue for me. 

The Orange should already have a short reset disconnector.  

On 2/19/2021 at 4:29 PM, jripper said:

I'm going to disagree about with you.  It significantly affects reset. 

Taking this animation as an example at which point in the Single Action cycle does the disconnector play a role in the reset of the action?

When the hammer is fully cocked in SA mode the disconnector is already dis-engaged playing no role in the reset sequence of the trigger.
Depending on the "thickness" of the disconnector "leg" you can adjust the amount of pre-travel in the trigger in SA mode but not the amount of travel required during reset.

Animation

Edited by Ludde

On 2/19/2021 at 4:28 PM, jripper said:

Like the name implies, the shorter reset disconnector definitely reduces reset.  I have used both the cajun and the cz custom.  Both are good.  You can get a cajun that you fit for absolutely shortest reset possible.  But I've found that the drop in ones are just about as good.  

The fitting that you describe is to limit the amount of pre travel, not reset.

On 2/22/2021 at 5:38 PM, jripper said:

I have tested CZ Pre-B, Shadow 2 0.2 and CGW disconnectors. Comparing them between each other and to the factory one, they simply does not reduce the reset.
They do shorten the pre-travel in the trigger movement.

This has been tested on a SP-01 Shadow and Shadow 2

Edited by Ludde

In CZ 75 variants, Disconectors do not influence the Single Action Reset distance. As you increase the inside thickness of the diconectros hook you reduce the SA pretravel. If it is too thick the SA will not reset and material must be removed to regain SA reset function.

They are called "Short Reset" Dsiconectors because they can be used in pistols with shorter reset distances. If these discos were used in factory B models they would not work.

I see this just came back in stock at Cajun would this get my trigger rest and feel more like my Czechmate  in single action trigger pad feel? I apologize for my ignorance, I have only been shooting CZ's less then a year.  

https://cajungunworks.com/product/75850-shadow-2-reach-reduction-kit/

thanks for the help 

Squirrel 

On 2/25/2021 at 1:01 AM, Ludde said:

I have tested CZ Pre-B, Shadow 2 0.2 and CGW disconnectors. Comparing them between each other and to the factory one, they simply does not reduce the reset.
They do shorten the pre-travel in the trigger movement.

This has been tested on a SP-01 Shadow and Shadow 2

Ok.  Got it.  It think I was getting confused on felt reset vs mechanical reset.  Thanks