Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more Scope Mount For Pc 627

dpeters

Doug;

I have a nice weaver-style mount from Weigand. You have to remove the rear sight and use the holes that that S&W drilled and tapped there. Strong, works well, and nice looking. Most other options seem to be a variation on the same theme, unless you get into building a mount into the barrel (done at the factory for some of the PC guns, looks expensive).

I've been told to check out the BBD Precision super low scope mount:

http://www.versalab.com/server/shooting/lorail.html

railtop.jpg

Don't think you'll get a scope mount lower than that :o

That one looks OKO sight dedicated but a call or email should let you know.

Brownells sells weaver rails that mate up with the S&W screw holes.

Here's a like to the EGW one.....

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...26W+SCOPE+MOUNT

And here's the cheapest you'll find IMO, $5.95 from brownells, will fit for Cmore's OKO's

Tasco's tube sights, basicly anything with weaver dovetail mounts.

Not the sexiest but it does the job.

I too prefer the Weigand, it has been machined on the bottom to mount in the relief for rear sight. some of the mounts out there sit on the top strap, then when you remove them the finish has been tarnshed. The Weigand is available in anodized black or silver. Weigand also makes a stainless mount for the X frame.

This is strong and low and not hard to make

No hold your horses there. You can't go posting pictures of what appears to be a blued 8 shot .38 Super with a custom scope mount without doing some 'splain'in. Is that a blued .38 Super Eight Shot? Did you make it on a old frame and fitted the eight shot cylinder? Is that a Ti or Scandium cylinder, or just a dirty stainless steel one? The mount looks like an Alchin that was hogged out, drilled, and fitted to the topstrap. Am I close? Well, am I, am I? Are we there yet? Seriously, though, that's a nice looking heater. Judging by your screen name and location I'm guessing your one of the Wild Bunch, as well.

Phil,

Very nice. I figured it was either on old N-frame (most likely) or one of the newer PC blue eight shooters in .357 magnum (very expensive gun to go carving up).

I could see how the mount wouldn't be to hard to fabricate if you have a little skill with working metal (I don't, when the Dremel box comes out or the bench grinder spools up steel cowers in fear). All you need is a little metal underneath to interface with the cut in the frame to hold the mount on during recoil.

Edited by R112mercer

I bought a HCG low weaver mount from Randy at The Handgunner Gun Shop in Topton -email hgunner1@aol.com

It was about $30 with screws, uses factory drilled holes and sits nice and low.

Edited by 8shooter

This is strong and low and not hard to make

How's yout accuracy with that cut down cylinder ??

Ah....just realized you stated it's a 38 super conversion.

And here's the cheapest you'll find IMO, $5.95 from brownells, will fit for Cmore's OKO's

Tasco's tube sights, basicly anything with weaver dovetail mounts.

Not the sexiest but it does the job.

the web path didn't take on that last scope mount, go to brownells and do a search

for "weaver" I believe.

And as stated by 357454, it just sits on the top strap, no extra material into the sight

cutout, works fine for steel or ICORE loads, pin loads maybe not so good.