Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ZUCA Transit Cart for matches range days

WildPete

2 hours ago, Balakay said:

How sturdy/durable is the Zuca bag insert ?  It typically carries a bunch of discs.  Do you think it will  hold up to the typical range bag load out?

Typical range bag set up would vary for users. I usually carry my ammo in a MTM 30 Caliber plastic container and put it on the bottom of the cart when I go to the range.

If needed, I'm sure you could add something rigid to the bottom of the top section to make it more durable.

can.JPG.00d15866630cc8c4c48e88cb58cbe3a3.JPG

i am copying your design, thank you. Bought everything and assembling next week.  why did you cut the angle at the top? i see in your AR15 picture there was plenty of room, was it for your other rifle? Or did you like the way it looked vs a straight tube?

25 minutes ago, pewpew36 said:

i am copying your design, thank you. Bought everything and assembling next week.  why did you cut the angle at the top? i see in your AR15 picture there was plenty of room, was it for your other rifle? Or did you like the way it looked vs a straight tube?

When the guy took the measurements for the set up, I took the rifles home. I guess he wasn't sure how far down the red dots were on the rifle so he scalloped the opening.  It's possible the scallop cut makes it easier putting the rifles in and out of the tube. 

21 minutes ago, WildPete said:

When the guy took the measurements for the set up, I took the rifles home. I guess he wasn't sure how far down the red dots were on the rifle so he scalloped the opening.  It's possible the scallop cut makes it easier putting the rifles in and out of the tube. 

thank you.

7 minutes ago, SteelCityShooter said:

The clubs where I shoot Steel Challenge require all long guns be cased, brought to the line in the case and only unzipped and removed at the firing line.  I wonder if you can get PVC tubes big enough to hold a cased rifle.

Does it have to be a "zipped" case or can a scabbard be used? SCSA rules says both can be used. Before I had the tubes I used a Vanquest Rackit pack and bungee strapped the pack over the seat. If I needed to sit down while waiting for my turn I would remove the bag and set it to the side or behind the cart while I sat down. A Techwell scabbard will work with the tubes. The first time I brought the cart out for steel challenge with the tube I had my .22 rifle in a Techwell scabbard. I asked the match director if it had to be in the scabbard, he said no as long as you have a chamber flag.  

• 1 year later...
29 minutes ago, PrincessKimmy said:

I use the Transit cart for USPSA.  Has anyone had any issues with it tipping over backward?  I need to figure out a way to add more weight on the front so it doesn't tip over.

I usually bring more ammo than needed to help keep the cart planted. I put the ammo on the bottom rack. I guess you could get some heavy duty tent stakes and make some ancor points to keep it from tipping over on you.

3 hours ago, PrincessKimmy said:

I use the Transit cart for USPSA.  Has anyone had any issues with it tipping over backward?  I need to figure out a way to add more weight on the front so it doesn't tip over.

No issues with mine.

Still tweaking it and modding as I go.

I have added a 3d printed grip handle and better 3d printed cup holders. Might add a 3d printed umbrella holder.

Etsy has a bunch of cool stuff.

Thought about adding a "rifle rack" for the pcc but I would be worried at major matches about having my cart at the "PCC table" as it is only for unloading and loading the pcc into the bag or whatever. You cannot touch ammo etc. If all this is in my cart, then well...DQ possibly. So I still bag my pcc.

Edited by mrvip27

13 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

No issues with mine.

Still tweaking it and modding as I go.

I have added a 3d printed grip handle and better 3d printed cup holders. Might add a 3d printed umbrella holder.

Etsy has a bunch of cool stuff.

Thought about adding a "rifle rack" for the pcc but I would be worried at major matches about having my cart at the "PCC table" as it is only for unloading and loading the pcc into the bag or whatever. You cannot touch ammo etc. If all this is in my cart, then well...DQ possibly. So I still bag my pcc.

What's a PCC table? Are you referring to the safe area?

You can unload/load your PCC from the vehicle see rule below. You can also bring your ammo into the safe area just don't touch it when you're in the safe area.

USPSA Comp Rule:

10.5.19 Failing to point the muzzle of a PCC at a side berm or back stop during casing/uncasing or removing/replacing on a conveyance or sweeping any person with the muzzle of a PCC, whether loaded or not, even if a chamber flag is inserted.  Side berms/backstops may be used for casing and uncasing or removing from/placing on conveyances only.  All other gun handling with the PCC, e.g., sight pictures, turning dots on/off, etc., must be accomplished in a safety area or under the direct supervision of a Range Officer. The berm/backstop is not required while removing/returning a properly flagged PCC from/to a vehicle providing all other safety rules are followed.

10.5.12 Handling live or dummy ammunition(including practice or training rounds, snap caps and empty cases), loaded magazines or loaded speed loading devices in a Safety Area, or failing to comply with Rule 2.4.1. The word “handling” does not preclude competitors from entering a Safety Area with ammunition in magazines or speed loading devices on their belt, in their USPSA Competition RulesSeptember202165pockets or in their range bag, provided the competitor does not physically remove the ammunition, loaded magazines or loaded speed loading devices from their retaining or storage device while within the Safety Area.