Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 Legion - Factory Springs Question

BillChunn

20 hours ago, BillChunn said:

The P320 X5 Legion comes from sig Sauer with 2 recoil springs.  What is the pound weight for them?  One is red and the other is a blue / purple.

Thanks,

BC

They recommend the Purple/14 to start with and for factory ammo and the Orange/12 for reloads etc. The 12 has worked with all of my reloads and there have not been any optic strikes with brass, etc. Also, there is a little card that comes with every new P320 Legion that explains it. 

It kind of depends on a few things; load, grip, personal preference. I find with the heavier 147 coated bullets the 12 lb spring works fine-ish, whereas with a 124 grain bullet I tend to prefer the 14lb spring.  It's just faster and flatter. If you have a strong consistent grip you might like to stick with the 14. It really flattens the gun out a lot but just know that if you go that way you won't be able to rock a soft grip. Particularly the weak hand. 

• 3 years later...
57 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Stupid question, but which end goes on the guide rod first, the open end of the spring or the closed end?

Thanks

I've always put the open end on the guide rod first. That way the closed end makes consistent flush contact with the slide when compressing.

49 minutes ago, Haywizzle said:

I've always put the open end on the guide rod first. That way the closed end makes consistent flush contact with the slide when compressing.

I was thinking that, but then I remembered that on my 1911, the smaller closed end went on first and the open end went towards the muzzle. 

22 minutes ago, Cuz said:

I was thinking that, but then I remembered that on my 1911, the smaller closed end went on first and the open end went towards the muzzle. 

After googling I am seeing I might be wrong. Hopefully an expert an chime in. I'm still searching.

Edit: found this thread 

Edited by Haywizzle

The closed end goes towards the gun. It’s not the same as a 1911. 

in reality though, it can go either way, however it can be harder to install if you have to open end towards the gun. 

2 hours ago, Rich406 said:

The closed end goes towards the gun. It’s not the same as a 1911. 

in reality though, it can go either way, however it can be harder to install if you have to open end towards the gun. 

if the closed end goes towards gun, that would be like a 1911, wouldn’t it?

Just now, Cuz said:

if the closed end goes towards gun, that would be like a 1911, wouldn’t it?

The open end should go onto the guiderod first.  Opposite of a 2011. I mixed it up in my head.